Tesoro Outlaw/Cibola - A Little Gold And Silver

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I went to the large corner lot that I thought would really give up some nice silver coins armed with my Outlaw. The only thing that I could find besides a bunch of trash was a 1942 Mercury Dime and a few clad coins.

Today I thought I would go over the yard again where I found that Franklin Half Dollar to see if I could find another good coin. My weapon of choice, my modded Cibola.

Well, I didn't find any silver except for a smashed silver pendant, but I did score some gold. I had the discrimination set just below where foil caps discriminate out, full sensitivity, a little negative on the ground balance and a slight threshold hum.

I was getting a broken but mellow audio response (that's Tesoro talk:laughing7:). I guess that was caused by the band being broken. I was a happy camper to find a gold ring, even though the stone was missing.

tabman

Outlaw%20July%204th%20Mercury%20Dime%20003_zpsgepnjeyc.jpg
Outlaw%20July%204th%20Mercury%20Dime%20004_zpst4oxadnq.jpg

Outlaw%20July%204th%20Mercury%20Dime%20007_zpslvncbdux.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20004_zpshbjswijn.jpg
Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20009_zpsopjmvwnu.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20003_zps0zt9acjg.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20010_zpsxcbm5sb8.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs. Man you are digging some nice targets. :occasion14: You may want to take a sifter back to the spot you dug the ring. You might get lucky and find the stone it once had.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs. Man you are digging some nice targets. :occasion14: You may want to take a sifter back to the spot you dug the ring. You might get lucky and find the stone it once had.

Thanks. I get lucky every once in awhile. I took a good look in the plug and dug a little deeper in the hole and couldn't find the stone. I finally found a 4 pin CleanSweep search coil that I can use on my Tejon, Cibola and Vaquero. I plan on hitting some sports fields to get my gold ring count back up. Lately I've been detecting places that are really good for finding silver coins, but every now in then, I find a gold ring.

tabman

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two nice gold signet rings in a week! That's fantastic! Keep em coming!

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Patience, experience, and Tesoro...the odds where in your favor !

Wtg !

Grumpy

metalfun

Jun 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great job.Hope to get to the lake with my stingray next week.HH

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great job.Hope to get to the lake with my stingray next week.HH

Thanks. Make sure that you post pictures of your finds!

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Patience, experience, and Tesoro...the odds where in your favor !

Wtg !

Grumpy

Thanks. Don't forget to throw in a pound of luck!

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread