What's new

Tesoro poles

itaska71

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 27, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
Anybody know why the poles on the newer micro max detectors are so hard to move ?
I have the nut opened all the way and I leave it that way, but it's a B#$!% to move the bottom pole.

Thanks
 
I have the same problem on my Outlaw!
 
I spray some WD-40 on it and just wait a bit. Dirt gets in there over time and hardens making it harder to move the poles. They do come apart. I've also used water.
 
My guess is that the cam lock is causing the problem...When I take the lower pole out and make sure that the cam lock is turned counter clockwise-fully loosened...That part that grips on the lower pole is not flush with the upper pole meaning it doesn't seem to be loosening up all of the way. I tried washing out the poles with soap and water with no luck. My older Silver Sabre uMAX does not have this problem...The lower pole slides in and out like butter.
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I agree. The locking not will not open up flush, and inhibits the lower pole. would like to get a dremel tool, or small file in there to file it flush. Project for another day.
 
Dremel tool worked slick as a whistle. Took about two minuets. pole slides and tightens great
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom