Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus $75.00...Good Deal?

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently purchased a silver Saber (metal box) for $100 bucks and that was a good deal. They sell as high as $180 on E bay when they come up + shipping. At the price of $75 bucks that's a smoken good deal.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Silver Saber is still a great detector and is hip mountable for wading in fresh water. It may false in salt water or on wet sand, but in the dry sand it will work great. Has decent depth and is light weight.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't like leaving my V3 or my DFX in my jeep, but I figure for the price, I can always be prepared for an impromptu outing!

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thinking :icon_thumleft: It would make a great backup :coffee2: I always a carry a md in the truck. Let us know when ya get it.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tell you what at that price if you didnt take it I know theres allot that would jump at it .

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Tank69 said:
tell you what at that price if you didnt take it I know theres allot that would jump at it .

The guy said he will accept my offer of $35 :o. He says it is in good working condition and I am supposed to meet up with him tomorrow.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$35 would be a good buy for a Silver Sabre Plus. The pedigree ran like this:

1-Silver Sabre
2-Silver Sabre Plus
3-Silver Sabre II
4-Silver Sabre uMax

The Silver Sabre is still a popular model in Tesoro's lineup. If you can get this machine for $35 and it still operates; call Tesoro in Arizona and ask them what they'd charge to "tune it up". They will probably tell you to send it in and it won't cost you. This is their usual modus operandi. Now, with the economy going like it is, they MIGHT charge a handling fee, but I doubt it. They are excellent when it come to their support of their products; as long as the machine does not seem to have been abused.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
That machine is a fine deal for the money.
Always negotiate, if you can...

It's much easier to pay for a $75 detector than a $750 detector !

However...

Nothing trumps blind luck !

Best

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
rmptr said:
That machine is a fine deal for the money.
Always negotiate, if you can...

It's much easier to pay for a $75 detector than a $750 detector !

However...

Nothing trumps blind luck !

Best

Make it $35 (with new batteries). ;D I am on my way to meet him now...A little upset cause I missed an opportunity to grab a Garrett underwater Pulse detector for $75. You snooze you lose!

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
cstraiton said:
Did you buy the Silver Sabre? If you didn't, I would be interested in it. That's one heck of a deal.

I picked it up Weds. Evening for $35. It was in pretty good shape with a little corrosion around the coil connector. (Apparently some salt beach detecting was done with it). I tried it out for a little while near my office yesterday during lunch. I discovered what appeared to be 5 or 6 circa 1800 structures in the woods. There was so much iron that it was overwhelming for the Tesoro, even with the sensitivity turned way down.

It was probably not the best place to try a "new" detector. I will try it out in an environment that I am more familiar with this weekend so I can learn to interpret the signals better.

I did notice some "nulling" in areas with very high iron, while in the all metal mode. Could this be from overload? It can also be from an old coil that cannot maintain the threshold in all metal?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread