dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wonder why they have not replied to the non new machine comments, or anything else, on their facebook page in over two years. people have been there saying how pleased they are and do not get a like from them. actions speak louder than words. how can people take them seriously? all the communication they have been doing is through someone else. why cant they do it themselves? get second hand communication from them and suppose to believe they are viable? the people there are a joke. claim they value their customers, yeah right. we are working on it. they cant even make a FB post or reply on social media. LOL.

I don't understand either. It has to cost them business. If I were running a business I would want more than Terry as my mouthpiece.
Lmao

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice if a Tesoro staff member is on this website and response to our comments and questions. One other thing, Insults are not allow here.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would be nice if a Tesoro staff member is on this website and response to our comments and questions. One other thing, Insults are not allow here.

well, their new excuse not responding is that what is said gets twisted around. if they had someone responding in a professional manner and actually say something, that would be nice. they do not even respond on their own facebook page to non cazador comments. i always recommend tesoro in facebook groups. but, when they go to their page and see no posts or replies to anything in over two years from them, thats not a good thing. they dont even have someone from the company do demo videos on youtube of their line. why would a place not take advantage of that? cant see how they are satisfied with Terry speaking for them on here either. LOL. obviously he dont know anything more than the rest of us about it. and he claims to be a personal friend. having you picture taken with someone now makes you a personal friend i guess. when i was in the navy, a few of us where in a photo with president Reagan. that did not make us personal friends with him though. haha.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Questions: Why desire a new Tesoro detector? What is wrong with the ones that they have? If yes, what improvements and requirements do you desire?

Carpdogman

Aug 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While a new model from Tesoro might be nice. The Tesoro's I have still "Kick Butt".

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Questions: Why desire a new Tesoro Detector? What is wrong with the ones that are on the market now? What new improvements do you desire?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Questions: Why desire a new Tesoro Detector? What is wrong with the ones that are on the market now? What new improvements do you desire?

That could be a whole thread. If you or tesoro can't tell it's time for something new, you or them haven't been paying attention.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtscatcher, what new improvements and new items that you desire on a new Tesoro detector?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtscatcher, what new improvements and new items that you desire on a new Tesoro detector?

For beginners more than one tone. But my point is watching this and other forums they are stagnant and the lack of communication is not helping them one bit.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

just something new and different there Samuel. They have not come out with a new machine since 2004. would think they could be creative and do something besides make an announcement of a new machine before they have even started to make it. dazzle us with some brilliance, instead baffling us with some bullcrap. seems like their way of innovating new things has gone the way of their marketing and customer communications, not down hill, off a freaking cliff.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While a new model from Tesoro might be nice. The Tesoro's I have still "Kick Butt".

Same here! A Tesoro in the right hands is deadly. Other detector manufacturers keep coming out with new detectors but they still haven't beat Tesoro yet.

tabman

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here! A Tesoro in the right hands is deadly. Other detector manufacturers keep coming out with new detectors but they still haven't beat Tesoro yet.

tabman

That's one opinion. Mine is the total oppisite. I don't believe I'll change your mind, and there is absolutely no way I'm changing mine.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
American made, Arizona proud! :headbang:

I'll take a Tesoro Tejon with the 11" x 8" widescan coil over a Minelab E-Trac; XP Deus; Whites V3i; or Fisher F75 - Every time! :icon_thumleft:

I've tried the rest, I'll stay with the best and save a lot of money to boot! :skullflag:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't quite get all the Tesoro hate on this thread. Tesoro is under no "obligation" to release a new model, especially when the stuff they DO make is still quite good. Also, the one promise they made... The lifetime warranty... Is still being honored is it not? That alone speaks volumes about the quality and strength of the company.

As far as something "new"... The Outlaw was released in 2012. While the detector was built off of the Bandito platform, it does have enhanced features and its ability to disc out a copper penny/clad dime and still get a silver dime IS a NEW FEATURE (to best of my knowledge, this is a first for a Tesoro, if I am wrong about this, please correct me).

Tesoro has said it is working on a number of new machines, we know one of them will be called the Cazador. Tesoro asked for input on features those in the hobby would like to see... Before the design phase... Why is that such a bad thing? This is a small family owned company, they want to get it right, you cannot fault them for that.

again, if you need to satisfy the "I have to have something new fix" there are plenty of companies releasing new machines, but none of these offer anything innovative, not really...

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tabman

I agree with my friend. new does not mean better.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't quite get all the Tesoro hate on this thread. Tesoro is under no "obligation" to release a new model, especially when the stuff they DO make is still quite good. Also, the one promise they made... The lifetime warranty... Is still being honored is it not? That alone speaks volumes about the quality and strength of the company.

As far as something "new"... The Outlaw was released in 2012. While the detector was built off of the Bandito platform, it does have enhanced features and its ability to disc out a copper penny/clad dime and still get a silver dime IS a NEW FEATURE (to best of my knowledge, this is a first for a Tesoro, if I am wrong about this, please correct me).

Tesoro has said it is working on a number of new machines, we know one of them will be called the Cazador. Tesoro asked for input on features those in the hobby would like to see... Before the design phase... Why is that such a bad thing? This is a small family owned company, they want to get it right, you cannot fault them for that.

again, if you need to satisfy the "I have to have something new fix" there are plenty of companies releasing new machines, but none of these offer anything innovative, not really...

I don't know if you are referring to me but I don't hate on tesoro. If you are happy discing out pennies with the lose of depth that comes with running that much disc I'm surprised. I prefer running zero disc and having tones. As far as having to have the newest thing on the market, that misses me also. My favorite detector is a 14 year old explorer I got for $275.
Your not really defending their lack of communication are you? I love the idea of a small mom and pop business. But the silent keep them guessing treatment ain't working.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whose minds are the complainers trying to change in the 'TESORO FORUM? I could spend a lot of time in the other detector forums bashing them about all the things that I thought were wrong with their detectors and marketing, but that's not going to accomplish anything. This constant badgering by a few posters is getting a little out there in left field. If I thought another brand of detector was better than Tesoro, I'd sure wouldn't be wasting my time in the Tesoro Forum. If someone wants something new and different there are a lot of detector companies out there that will take their money. What are they waiting on?

tabman

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

i would not call it hate. just some common sense observations from realistic people. why work on a number of new machines at once. claim they want to get it right. would it not be better to focus on getting one new machine right and release it, than a number of different ones? just stuff like that seems like excuses. yes, they are under an obligation now to release a new machine because they are the ones that said they were going to themselves. that makes it an obligation to do so as far as most people are concerned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread