Texas Hunting Spots?

shiva

Greenie
Aug 24, 2005
I just picked up an Excalibur 1000 this week and have been wanting to hit some beach spots and maybe a few underwater locations.

I live in Texas, and the places I was thinking of hitting were:

South Padre Island
Galveston
Rockport
Possibly just outside of Matagorda Island

Does anyone here have any advice such as places I can and can't MD? Any spots in particular to suggest (beach or underwater < 100 feet)?

As always I appreciate comments and advice! :)

Upvote 0

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
I am in San Antonio and head to Corpus and Padre Island from time to time. My best advice where Padre is involved is to be absolutely sure that you don't stray onto the National Sea Shore part of it. They will hammer you for it. Balle Park at Bob Hall pier is a county park and detecting is allowed. The sea shell beach in Corpus behind the Lexington has also been open to detecting in the past. Those are the areas that I hit when I go down. Sorry that I don't have more info for ya.

Rich

L

Lu Y. Hale

Last I went down...

Bob Hall pier is great to rack up coins in the dry sand and remember there are quite a few fishermen around you. The wash station (showers next to the parking lot) provided me with a few dollars in easy quarters due to the traffic. The beach itself has a row of sheltered benches that provided me with some junk, coins and a few toerings. Good luck and stay away from the North Padre Seashore or they will get ya. Otherwise good luck and good hunting.

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about Stewart Beach and East Beach at Galveston....

OP
OP
S

shiva

Greenie
Aug 24, 2005
Thanks so far for the responses...any more would be appreciated.

Any spots in these areas you would hit if diving (less than 120 feet deep or so)?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread