mikeofaustin
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Anyone not in Texas, last fall there was an enormous amount of acorns created from the oaks last year. They would plink your roof ever 10 seconds for 2 months straight. More acorns on the ground than blades of grass...
.. My suspicion was that there would be a flood of squirrel population growth in the area. Low and behold, I was right. Just this morning after sun-up, I had about a dozen squirrels in my backyard alone (about a 3/4 acre). I always had only about 2 of them for as long as I can remember. Looking into the trees of the neighbors, I saw nothing but dozens of other small/young squirrels. My next theory is that come mid summertime (soon), there will be really hungry squirrels that can't find food. I don't know what a really hungry squirrel will do, but I'm not looking forward to it.
.. My suspicion was that there would be a flood of squirrel population growth in the area. Low and behold, I was right. Just this morning after sun-up, I had about a dozen squirrels in my backyard alone (about a 3/4 acre). I always had only about 2 of them for as long as I can remember. Looking into the trees of the neighbors, I saw nothing but dozens of other small/young squirrels. My next theory is that come mid summertime (soon), there will be really hungry squirrels that can't find food. I don't know what a really hungry squirrel will do, but I'm not looking forward to it.







