Ray S S
Silver Member
- Joined
- Nov 18, 2007
- Messages
- 3,010
- Reaction score
- 59
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Port Huron, Mi.
- Detector(s) used
- Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
- #21
Thread Owner
Me too.


spartacus53 said:I would have chimed in earlier, but Dano was having way too much fun on his own
Ray, there is no doubt who ever wrote the letter and sent the book did so with good intentions. The other side of the matter is that it does open a can of worms too.![]()
21stTNCav said:spartacus53 said:I would have chimed in earlier, but Dano was having way too much fun on his own
Ray, there is no doubt who ever wrote the letter and sent the book did so with good intentions. The other side of the matter is that it does open a can of worms too.![]()
My good friend Spart, I have to disagree a little because that story did not open a can of worms . Some folks go out of their way to dig the worms, find a packaging company, have the worms canned, and then in front of everyone open the can so all can see.
Ray, that letter was one of the kindest acts that someone could do.
The rest with the "Child brainwashing" and such is just sour grapes during a monsoon of kindness, but for entertainment value cannot be beat I must say!!
Ladies and Gentlemen, the can of worms does not get opened if one does not decide to sit down with a can opener and go work.

When you find out there is great disappointment in both the story and your being tricked by your parents. Not a clear message to send to a child. Hey, I did this to my kids too, as most probably do. Secondly, the story of Santa bringing all the goodies to the "good little boys and girls", what about families that are impoverished, and can't afford to get their children something nice 





Rooter said:Farmerchick, I hope you understand that all atheist's are not created equal. There are many forms of faith. It is a personal choice just like yours is. It doesn't mean we are scared, or lacking some basic human ingredient. It is just a choice like being Catholic, Baptist , or Buddist. I am fine with Santa Claus and the Easter bunny but I choose not to believe in any god. My life is not lacking, sad, or miserable. Quite the opposite. You hit it right on the head when you said some people don't require religious faith for comfort, and meaning. For those who do you have my full support and best wishes. As my earlier post states I think it was a wonderfull gesture done by a truly compassionate human being and I take exception to Dano's inference that the religious overtone made it wrong.
Dano Sverige said:Jesus is supposed to be coming back today, so i guess we'll hear it from the horses mouth..so to speak.![]()