What's new

That 1870-CC half dollar sold for...

testing123

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I was a bit curious what that coin sold for at the recent Heritage auction. It was graded NGC AU Details and was recently found by a member here...

Sold for $4993.75 including buyer's premium. I think that means about $4150 hammer price. Not a bad haul!

This wasn't posted to spark debate on what to do with the money (would be nice if he did share some with the property owner), but just to inform those who were curious on sale amount.
 

Attachments

  • 1870cc screen shot.webp
    1870cc screen shot.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 256
Are you sure this one is the smokin'Joe half ???
 
That's friggin' AWESOME!
 
My guess is that's the only post from Ol' Joe. What a shame to stir up so much and not post any more.
 
Are you sure this one is the smokin'Joe half ???

Yes, that's his coin. On the left is the heritage coin (notice the NGC prongs) and on the right is the coin posted in smokin'Joe's page.
 

Attachments

  • 1870cc both.webp
    1870cc both.webp
    82.3 KB · Views: 142
Can you blame him? Would not blame him if he never came back.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Once permission is given, no more needs to be said about what to do with the finds. They are all Smokin Joes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Coinstriking Michigan said:
Once permission is given, no more needs to be said about what to do with the finds. They are all Smokin Joes.

Well said.
 
WOW.......Don't be a hater! :unhappysmiley:

Sorry I don't bow down and kiss the of the elitist jerks on this site. I call it as I see it and his original post was full of jealous hats and jerks. I am simply saying I would not blame him if he did not come back.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Timeout..............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom