The Archaeological Society of Ohio

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
For those who detect in Ohio and are in need of detecting locations I would recommend joining the Archaeological Society of Ohio. I do not live in Ohio but I am a member and live in NY . I get their wonderful magazine delivered to my house 4 times a year and membership is $30.00. Yes their focus in Indian related but you need to see the valuable information that is presented in the magazine regarding finds related to Indian occupation in Ohio. Anyway, what I am trying to say is the stories of finding points on the ground while walking and then finding buttons and musket balls without a detector are included in the stories. Just imagen if you took a detector to these locations. I am not here to sell anything but knowledge, and some opportunities to find great places to detect in Ohio. They hold artifact shows with a bunch of dealers displaying their finds. I bet you can start a nice conversation about their artifacts that can lead into finding metal artifacts in fields just by walking in the fields.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who detect in Ohio and are in need of detecting locations I would recommend joining the Archaeological Society of Ohio. I do not live in Ohio but I am a member and live in NY . I get their wonderful magazine delivered to my house 4 times a year and membership is $30.00. Yes their focus in Indian related but you need to see the valuable information that is presented in the magazine regarding finds related to Indian occupation in Ohio. Anyway, what I am trying to say is the stories of finding points on the ground while walking and then finding buttons and musket balls without a detector are included in the stories. Just imagen if you took a detector to these locations. I am not here to sell anything but knowledge, and some opportunities to find great places to detect in Ohio. They hold artifact shows with a bunch of dealers displaying their finds. I bet you can start a nice conversation about their artifacts that can lead into finding metal artifacts in fields just by walking in the fields.
YOUR points are very well taken on my part Thank you 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread