The Bear is here!

Jan 15, 2016
Fresno, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just saw this thread and thought I would do a little introduction about myself. My name is Barrett but for the most part people call me Bear. My name means "bear-like" and I have a tattoo of a bear across my heart. I am 22 and from Cameron Park, CA however I am in Fresno for the time being for school where I study Recreation Administration. A few years back I finally had enough to invest in my own metal detector and bought myself a Minicab E-Trac. I have hunted when I can and with the drought in CA there have been some cool low water places to check out. My next detector I want to get is the Minicab CTX 3030 and my dad wants to buy my E-Trac off of me. Besides metal detecting, I have done garage sales for a bit with a friend, but not so much anymore, and prospecting. I have gold fever really badly and so I may pick up prospecting for a while and detect here and there.

I do have a lucky charm that I wear with me at all times, except for when I am metal detecting/prospecting so I don't lose it. I will post a picture below. My grandfather passed when I was three and has always been my inspiration to be active and outdoors. The first three nuggets that he found, he soldered them on to a 14k band and made a neat design out of it. I inherited it when I turned 18 but it is old and starting to wear down so I bought a new nugget ring when I used to work in a pawn showroom to remind me of that ring. It has brought me good luck in the past and I am hoping it will bring a lot more in the future. Anyways I am super excited to be a part of this forum and I can't wait to see what 2016 has to offer everyone! Happy hunting, heavy pans, and best of luck everyone!

IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0646.JPG

Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 6.07.15 PM.png

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bear, Welcome :hello:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bear,

Welcome aboard from the Great White North where everything is frozen....lol....

Regards + HH

Bill

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and good luck bear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread