The Billiard Academy 5 cent Token....with some history!

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a few stellar park finds as of late, I hunted until my batteries died today and just about found myself skunked with exception to typical clad finds....But, I did manage to slip out a neat token near the sidewalk so luckily, I didn't go home empty pocketed.😉
Never heard of The Billiard Academy and couldn't guess a date but.....better than a Chuck E. Cheeses!!
And, the mosquitos have emerged in full force in SW Michigan it appears....and they are hungry.✌️

Edit: a valued source found some info on the establishment. A newspaper article from 1917 depicts the story....
The scoundrel "Sheenie" Anderson, blew up the safe at the establishment and made off with the goods! A whopping five dollar reward was offered for his capture! He was caught in Canada and deported back to Michigan to serve his time....😀
IMG_20240513_142858.jpg

IMG_20240513_142916.jpg

IMG_20240513_170605_01.jpg

Screenshot_20240513-171740.png

Last edited:
Upvote 14

Martyo

Apr 23, 2024
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites DFX, Fisher CZ, JW Fisher
After a few stellar park finds as of late, I hunted until my batteries died today and just about found myself skunked with exception to typical clad finds....But, I did manage to slip out a neat token near the sidewalk so luckily, I didn't go home empty pocketed.😉
Never heard of The Billiard Academy and couldn't guess a date but.....better than a Chuck E. Cheeses!!
And, the mosquitos have emerged in full force in SW Michigan it appears....and they are hungry.✌️

Edit: a valued source found some info on the establishment. A newspaper article from 1917 depicts the story....
The scoundrel "Sheenie" Anderson, blew up the safe at the establishment and made off with the goods! He was caught in Canada and deported back to Michigan to serve his time....😀
View attachment 2148909
View attachment 2148910
View attachment 2148922
View attachment 2148923
Nice! Envious of the token for sure. Almost always have a bit of a story to tell- Congrats!!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500

The scoundrel "Sheenie" Anderson, blew up the safe at the establishment and made off with the goods! A whopping five dollar reward was offered for his capture! He was caught in Canada and deported back to Michigan to serve his time....😀
View attachment 2148909
View attachment 2148910
View attachment 2148922
View attachment 2148923
Great to have a story with it. 👍

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D

View attachment 2148909
View attachment 2148910
View attachment 2148922
View attachment 2148923
Crime don't pay, but you sure can't beat the hours.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting find

Top Member Reactions