What's new

the boy's hanging

dognose

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
4,567
Reaction score
13,176
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
tiger, the orange cat, is very codependent. so when his brother passed a few years ago, we got another cat, boots, to keep him company and hunting buddies. they are good together but seem to invite any cat coming by to hang out in the barn with them. our prior cat was extremely protective of his range and fought off any other. I have not been able to pick up these semi-wild cats in 4 years. don't even try anymore after getting cut up badly by them.
1000013360.webp
 
I have not been able to pick up these semi-wild cats in 4 years. don't even try anymore after getting cut up badly by them.

Considering the thread title, cats were not what I was expecting.
moose.gif


To make friends with cats like that takes a lot of patience, and picking one up was probably not the best way to start..cats have boundaries, and the price for crossing them is usually some blood.
budo.gif


I've been able to socialize several feral cats over the past 20 years, and it starts with just getting them to hang out with you. Talk to 'em..they don't understand, but they do know that you're paying them attention. Over time you might use food or some treats to bring them comfortably closer, and after that they'll set the boundaries.

One of 'em turned out to be the best little buddy I ever had...

062511 scruff.webp


DSC_0019.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom