The Broadmoor

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
The Broadmoor! It's more than a 5 star hotel, its a whole neighborhood! Where the wealthy folks live. It reeks with the smell of money! (To give you an idea, in the first pic the building in the backround is someones house) And it's one of my faverot places to detect.
There's an area of "The Colorado Fine Arts Center" that I haven't hit yet and I was wanting to get done before the weather takes the big change that is predicted. The wind is picking up and the temps are dropping.
The tot lot looks more inviting than an open field so I hit it first. Right away I hit 2 dollar coins. Cool! Love them rich kids. About 5 quarters and a dime later I see a small gold loop on top of the chips. Turns out to be an earring! Looks gold, don't it? Nope, its silver. Still made my day tho.
That was the whole day. $3.35 and an earring. Getting too cold, time to go home.

Attachments

• P1110987.JPG
    P1110987.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 901
  • P1110992.JPG
    P1110992.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 883
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a pretty neat place to hunt, Congrats on the Silver ear ring.

What is the oldest item you have found around that area?

HH, Ringfinder

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been at the Broadmoor twice, when i worked for Hewlett Packard and Agilent technologies Had a Blast a parties there I really Miss Colorado Springs!! We lived there for 3.5 years!!!!! Chug

OP
OP
augusthog

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
ringfinder said:
Looks like a pretty neat place to hunt, Congrats on the Silver ear ring.

What is the oldest item you have found around that area?

HH, Ringfinder

Found gold and silver rings there and an 8 oz can of Coors that was opened with a church key :wink:
Hard to hit this area. Sundays are best. They have there own security running around everywhere and they tend to frown on people who dont look like they belong there, like me. There is 1 area by there that is pretty old and undeveloped that I'm dieing to hit but the ground is still kinda frozen in that spot. And their talking -12 tomorrow night so it will be awhile.

OP
OP
augusthog

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Chug and Red said:
I have been at the Broadmoor twice, when i worked for Hewlett Packard and Agilent technologies Had a Blast a parties there I really Miss Colorado Springs!! We lived there for 3.5 years!!!!! Chug
I got to play a free round of golf there once. Classy place indeed!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pics....congrats ! :thumbsup:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wtg . That looks like a great spot to hunt !! Keep us updated on the digs. :coffee2:

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Want to avoid the hassel from the security gaurds? Try detecting while wearing a chauffer's uniform. Just say that you were told to find a lost set of keys for your client. :laughing7:

OP
OP
augusthog

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Cap'n Crunch said:
Want to avoid the hassel from the security gaurds? Try detecting while wearing a chauffer's uniform. Just say that you were told to find a lost set of keys for your client. :laughing7:

Thats a pretty good idea! That would get me on the hotel grounds... Hmmmmmmmm

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sharp looking place to hunt BUT DANGIT! DO YOU REALLY USE THAT BIG OL' SHOVEL----the guards will want to run you off soon as they see that shovel----try using a trowel made for coin recovery--you might get a better reception from the nosey security----good luck!

Colobrian

Apr 19, 2009
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I do agree that a trowel would be much better . The Broadmoor as we know it was built in 1918 by millionaire Spencer Penrose . Where it is not really that old , there could be some goodies out there to find . Done quite a bit of work there over the years to include remodel of the penthouse , but more recently building the new cottages on the golf course .

mobile miner

Mar 10, 2010
Great place to swing that detector. I lived in the Springs from 71 to 79. Best silver day I ever had was at the old court house on X-mas day. The area around the old narrow raised sidewalks around the north and west side produced a hand full of silver. looking at google the place don`t even look like the same place. All flower beds and landscaping now.

OP
OP
augusthog

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
mobile miner said:
Great place to swing that detector. I lived in the Springs from 71 to 79. Best silver day I ever had was at the old court house on X-mas day. The area around the old narrow raised sidewalks around the north and west side produced a hand full of silver. looking at google the place don`t even look like the same place. All flower beds and landscaping now.
The Air Force moved me here in 75. Yea, it's changed a LOT!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread