What's new

The cent Tri-century hunt

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left work by 1:30 and headed to the city for a few hours in "The Park". Little did I know what today's hunt would bring. As usual, there was the variety from a fired musket ball, to an R. Armfield patent button from the 19th century, a Sterling crucifix, a watch-winder, and then, the "find of the day", a copper coin that I thought was British, but turns out to be a Vermont cent from 1787, the Britannia variety; to complete the cent tri-century came a 1950 wheat, followed by an 1865 IHP. My finds at this Baltimore city park have pushed back to within 6 years of when Cornwallis surrended at Yorktown!
Finds.webptri-century_cents.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 32
Thanks HunterMF. Happy Hunting!
 
Thanks Isaac. Happy Hunting! That's about the third or fourth watch winder I've recovered.
 
Thanks, Diggin Dude. I think there are more surprises to come form this park. Happy hunting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom