The folks from kellyco

SGT Claddy

Jun 27, 2014
Averill park New York (upstate)
Detector(s) used
XLT spectrum , Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanna give a huge thanks to Chris from kellyco totally made my Christmas for me by working with me on getting the garret AT pro if any one is thinking about it ... Contact them they will work with you they amazing people to talk to they have a wonderful website and they take care of their customers so again Chris if u read this thanks again man

Upvote 1

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new machine. The XLT is a winner too so GL & HH.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pro is a great detector. Give yourself time to learn it. It loves silver and can swim.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are a good company, especially if you deal with them one on one. I think folks gripe because they are just big. I prefer myself to go to smaller dealers, but occasionally I will purchase from them, if I am looking for something that they have.

The AT Pro is a great machine. I would have paid for mine a few times over if I had found just as much, instead of spending on a high dollar machine.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are a good company, especially if you deal with them one on one. I think folks gripe because they are just big. I prefer myself to go to smaller dealers, but occasionally I will purchase from them, if I am looking for something that they have.

The AT Pro is a great machine. I would have paid for mine a few times over if I had found just as much, instead of spending on a high dollar machine.

Pointman, I read your post often, and they all seem like you know your stuff.....Question? I love my ATPro, and have the ultimate set up............*.5x11 DD 5x8 DD... Super Sniper coils with lower rods, and coil covers, Stock and Grey Ghost Amphibians , headphones,.... extra battery holders, and have about 600 hours over the 2 years of using it. Convinced myself I want a ctx 3030, I have about $1000 in my ATP and love it, but it would all have to go to upgrade...............torn!!! Sorry Clad pirate..........Kellyco does rock

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do like dealing with Kellyco. They seem to do things right for me. They have a toll free number and will answer the phone and you do not have to deal with voice mail. I tried one of the popular sponsors here and after three toll attempts I made one free attempt at Kellyco and had someone on the line after the first ring. Ata boy Kellyco.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all for the wonderful compliments! I strive to do my best and offer the best prices as well as the best customer service as possible. Feel free to message me anytime or call me if you need anything or have any questions at all! I love seeing these post, it really means a lot to us. Also, I just feel I need to throw this out there...we may seem like a huge company but we're actually still family owned. We only have about maybe 30 employees at most. What it comes down to is having a great business model and excellent management who knows how to get things going and making sure they hire the right people for the job. Anyways, thank you all so much. Always here to help. Happy New Years too!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pointman, I read your post often, and they all seem like you know your stuff.....Question? I love my ATPro, and have the ultimate set up............*.5x11 DD 5x8 DD... Super Sniper coils with lower rods, and coil covers, Stock and Grey Ghost Amphibians , headphones,.... extra battery holders, and have about 600 hours over the 2 years of using it. Convinced myself I want a ctx 3030, I have about $1000 in my ATP and love it, but it would all have to go to upgrade...............torn!!! Sorry Clad pirate..........Kellyco does rock

Let me see. Hard to say. The CTX will enable you to see multiple targets and you can really cherry pick with it. I think that the AT Pro with the 5 x 8" will edge out the CTX in speed/recoverability, but not by much. The CTX will lose some of the accuracy in the readout on a penny in about the 9" depth range. You really can't expect too much more performance depth wise from the machine beyond that. For the expense it really could be a deeper machine. It is good on depth, but not CZ3D, or probably even Deus good. I did find a square nail at almost a foot deep with the stock coil, but I only heard it and didn't have a readout.

Concerning trashy areas, the CTX will enable you to go in and dig only the coin targets. You may miss a few, but you can dig less trash to include aluminum with it. I would say that if I was going to EVENTUALLY upgrade to a CTX, to just do it. I hear where a lot of folks will save money for say an Etrac or AT Pro but really want to eventually upgrade to a more expensive machine in a year. My feelings are to go ahead and save a little more get what your eyeing up front. For me, I absolutely do not regret getting the CTX and will lose all my other machines before I get rid of it.

A whole other thought is to have two machines to pick an area. I think that two totally different machines such as an AT Pro and a CTX will clean a spot out. When you think of a machine as a back up, the only problem is one becomes a "closest queen" while the other gets the most use. (I don't like the word back up machine) I do think that even though the CTX is Minelab's fastest FBS machine, it isn't as fast as a lot of other brands, and a Deus or even an AT Pro is a good compliment for it.

Also, if you decide to compete, you will need something faster than a Minelab. The Garretts are good as well as the Tesoros for competition hunts. I have a Euro Tec which would do good. It doesn't have to be a high dollar machine unless you are competing in a depth competition. I used the CTX in a competion hunt a few months ago and only edged out most people because I was able to pinpoint tokens where other had given up. If I was competing against more experienced people, I would have done a lot worse with the CTX because of its slower speed. The ability to cherry pick with the CTX enabled me to ignore the trash and concentrate on the token signals only.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread