Scrappy
Gold Member
- Joined
- Mar 6, 2014
- Messages
- 9,215
- Reaction score
- 14,047
- Golden Thread
- 7
- Location
- 17th century
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 7
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
- Primary Interest:
- Other
The Giving Tree: Seldom seen Half Dollar, SLQ, Cane Handle, Buckle, Round bal...
First hunt was a dud for 2016. Nada
So I hunted an island in the centre of a driveway of a 1680 house. The island had a 6' diameter stump and a whole lot of iron. So I gridded and removed the iron nails and crap. Down below and around it, this is what I found.


1893 Colombia Half dollar, designed by both Barber and Morgan. These were very popular coins but I never remember seeing one dug.









I saw that old stump and thought of The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. So I sat there on the 250 year old tree stump for a few minutes and shared my old finds with the tree that seem 'em all go in the ground.

Enjoy
Steve
First hunt was a dud for 2016. Nada
So I hunted an island in the centre of a driveway of a 1680 house. The island had a 6' diameter stump and a whole lot of iron. So I gridded and removed the iron nails and crap. Down below and around it, this is what I found.


1893 Colombia Half dollar, designed by both Barber and Morgan. These were very popular coins but I never remember seeing one dug.









I saw that old stump and thought of The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. So I sat there on the 250 year old tree stump for a few minutes and shared my old finds with the tree that seem 'em all go in the ground.

Enjoy
Steve
Last edited:
Upvote
116








