The "Great Kentucky Hoard" news article (700 gold coins unearthed)

Sounds like a fake, why would you not just bury them under the house or a chicken koop, corn crib or something. Something landmarked?
I personally would classify it as highly suspect, and wouldn't value the coins for anything more than market value without the moniker Great Kentucky Hoard find, if that's what they are being marketed as.
Could've been any of the above there, maybe all. Field sites is all I hunt and there's nothing standing today at any of them. It's safe to say they all had some of the things you mentioned.

Do

Do you seriously believe that the US gov would let the saddle ridge hoard to be sold off if it was gov property? 🤣 You’re pretty funny.
I doubt they gave it much thought. I'm not sure with the Mint Robbery being misreported, they had much recourse. Probably an embarrasment.
Pretty much Finders Keepers. I wouldn't say the finders of the loot are anything special. They doctored the original find and marketed it to make more money, than the individual coins were worth.

Whatever, the archies are probably pissed, then again maybe not.
:dontknow:
Had to Pretty much piece the story together from pieces.
Old news to me
Pretty much have a complete layout of the Robery and ecape routes most likely taken.

:laughing7:

Last edited:
just my speculation we don't know where in Kentucky, or how big/small the corn field was, I suspect it was
in eastern ky as there was a flood event july 2022 and a lot of top soil was swept away, not to mention homes
an equipment, could have been found in a home garden field this yr, once they decided to try & grow.
that flood event involved, I think 14/15 counties in east Ky.

The saddle ridge coins were dated between 1840s-1890s and we’re in circulated condition. None newer. The mint robbery was in 1901. The stolen mint coins would have been dated all the same, 1900 or 1901 and would have been mint state uncirculated. The treasury dept looked at the saddle ridge coins and didn’t pursue it because it was obvious that they were not their stolen coins.
Excellent info, but he isn't wasn't going to let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.

just my speculation we don't know where in Kentucky, or how big/small the corn field was, I suspect it was
in eastern ky as there was a flood event july 2022 and a lot of top soil was swept away, not to mention homes
an equipment, could have been found in a home garden field this yr, once they decided to try & grow.
that flood event involved, I think 14/15 counties in east Ky.
It's fascinating to me that Kentucky has finds such as this. Now, if we were in the Midlands, Scotland or Wales, the odds would likely be more substantial.

Andy & Lance Detectorists

1689886752497.jpeg

We have crap in NY. Kind of crazy considering the long history and being one of the most important colonies.

What an amazing find :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back