What's new

The Hill - Day 1

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day 1 on this new land, but my 3rd day in a row detecting. Got to cover many acres on this one, before better options show up.
Never totally gridded this before, so I started on the slow edge with detecting 'runs' taking me 20 minutes per turn-a-round.
Any age could turn up off here, but I'm after Saxon, that will come soon I hope...

Solo hunt by me - 7 hrs.

3 Scrappies
Medieval Buckles
Roman Locking Pin Mechanism
Bronze Age Axe (piece)
Medieval Lead Weight
Medieval Book Clasp
Bits...
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    135.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    172.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    123.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    131 KB · Views: 114
  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Upvote 36
Thats a good start on a new field. :icon_thumleft:
 
Dang that's a lot of cool finds. Congrats!!!
 
Looks like it has some promise. Those spectacle buckles are so cool. Nice finds.
 
Slow coin day for you, but that top row of buckles is quite nice.
 
Then Saxon will turn up, just a matter of time. Get a Sceat! :thumbsup:

Yes he's getting close to a Year without a Banner :tongue3:
Better be Careful he may revert back to Nubie Status :laughing7:
 
Scrappies added to top.
 
Then Saxon will turn up, just a matter of time. Get a Sceat! :thumbsup:

The Saxon is pre-Sceat period, other than a strap-end I got today (gave a glimmer of hope)
 
Yes he's getting close to a Year without a Banner :tongue3:
Better be Careful he may revert back to Nubie Status :laughing7:

We know that will never happen and Bingo, Viking turns up! :laughing9:
 
The Saxon is pre-Sceat period, other than a strap-end I got today (gave a glimmer of hope)

I know Sceattas were later, but it's an area with Saxon populating so the chance is there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom