Mirage
Silver Member
One and One Hundred and One at the Iceberg
Nate, Dan and I got out to the Iceberg today. Dan and Nate did better than I did but at least I didn’t get skunked.
Took me until the last hour before I got my lone Merc. The highlight of the day was when Dan drifted away from the “wheat field”. He was mumbling under his breath about how he could dig wheat pennies all day long in this field. Shortly later he yells from a distance – “Another Walker!” So it doesn’t take much coaxing and we are over where he is. 10 minutes later and within 5 feet of me Nate says Barber Half! That will get your blood flowing.
Ended up with 1 silver and 101 Wheat Pennies.
Merry Christmas
Bob
Nate, Dan and I got out to the Iceberg today. Dan and Nate did better than I did but at least I didn’t get skunked.
Took me until the last hour before I got my lone Merc. The highlight of the day was when Dan drifted away from the “wheat field”. He was mumbling under his breath about how he could dig wheat pennies all day long in this field. Shortly later he yells from a distance – “Another Walker!” So it doesn’t take much coaxing and we are over where he is. 10 minutes later and within 5 feet of me Nate says Barber Half! That will get your blood flowing.
Ended up with 1 silver and 101 Wheat Pennies.
Merry Christmas
Bob

Everyone hunting there always seems to make the rest of us look like, well, rookies. Do you know what was there in the past? Why would there be so many old coins?. Please don't give hints as to the location, I'm not looking for that. Just curious as to what I need to look for where I live to hit this kind of honey hole.






