May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is probably our last day this year, so picked a change of scenery.
This is another huge field close to the others we have been doing & it too had a deep 12" + plough.
We explored this huge field & the only good area is just over 1 acre which is like an inlet towards the nearby Village. Probably once its own small field. It produced a couple of Rare coins, a few hammered & a few modern silvers, so it seemed a safe bet after this big plough.
In 4 hours 45 mins we gridded about 55% of it but made sure we did 90% of the most productive area. We will leave the last area in reserve.

1 Holed Roman Coin
17th C Nipple Button
Jetton
Large 14th C Medieval Buckle, Plate & Pin (Good complete example, clearly came up from the protected depths)
Roman Bracelet piece
Medieval Key
Lovely 13th C Annular Buckle with Latin Inscription (need this type)
1934 Sixpence
Silver Pin 'like' object that once attached to a Victorian?
Victorian Silver Cuff-Stud
Hammered Cut Half-Penny - Short-cross

Roman Silver of Faustina I Circa AD147 (Reverse type we need) - Funny thing is, I mentioned to Cru'dad at the start that it would be nice to get a Roman Silver, even though we have never had one off this field.:thumbsup:

This is what happened the last time we were here; (funny enough I got all the silver coins today as well!)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 36

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the silvers, a couple of different looking items.
The buckles are first class for sure, great examples.
The key stands out also.
I'd say you had a pretty pleasing hunt to end another year. Congrats.

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
Relics from an amazing span of time represented. Very enjoyable to see and the fine quality of the photos help make the finds attractive to see. Over here across the Atlantic we get metal artifacts from only a slice of that time span, but, being an English colonial era, many are recognizable, especially the buttons. There must have been millions of metal buttons made and lost over the landscape, some to be found by us MDers.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is probably our last day this year, so picked a change of scenery.
This is another huge field close to the others we have been doing & it too had a deep 12" + plough.
We explored this huge field & the only good area is just over 1 acre which is like an inlet towards the nearby Village. Probably once its own small field. It produced a couple of Rare coins, a few hammered & a few modern silvers, so it seemed a safe bet after this big plough.
In 4 hours 45 mins we gridded about 55% of it but made sure we did 90% of the most productive area. We will leave the last area in reserve.

1 Holed Roman Coin
17th C Nipple Button
Jetton
Large 14th C Medieval Buckle, Plate & Pin (Good complete example, clearly came up from the protected depths)
Roman Bracelet piece
Medieval Key
Lovely 13th C Annular Buckle with Latin Inscription (need this type)
1934 Sixpence
Silver Pin 'like' object that once attached to a Victorian?
Victorian Silver Cuff-Stud
Hammered Cut Half-Penny - Short-cross

Roman Silver of Faustina I Circa AD147 (Reverse type we need) - Funny thing is, I mentioned to Cru'dad at the start that it would be nice to get a Roman Silver, even though we have never had one off this field.:thumbsup:

This is what happened the last time we were here; (funny enough I got all the silver coins today as well!)

View attachment 2061572 View attachment 2061573 View attachment 2061574 View attachment 2061575 View attachment 2061576 View attachment 2061577 View attachment 2061578
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! What a productive field. Great bunch of finds Crusader. The annular buckle is outstanding! What a great note to end the year on. Congratulations on another year filled with a fantastic collection of treasures!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a productive field. Great bunch of finds Crusader. The annular buckle is outstanding! What a great note to end the year on. Congratulations on another year filled with a fantastic collection of treasures!
Thanks but as our scouting found out its not a productive field, only 1% is worth gridding. But I get what you mean.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good amount on silver and always nice to get a silver of the Ladies! To me the buckles are the find of the day. A complete one ios hard to come by and the annular buckle is just fantastic!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks but as our scouting found out its not a productive field, only 1% is worth gridding. But I get what you mean.
Then one can go for a walk about and get a keeper in the middle of nowhere.
Kind of like playing the lottery, and most of the time we know the results.

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super cool array of finds, congrats!
It would be really helpful, to those of us that are clueless about these types of items, if you could list the items found with each picture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread