Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
The "Kneed" for new knees has arrived

Finally gonna get some new 'tecting knees. On Feb. 27th. I will have the right knee replaced, then round about April 9th. I will have the left one done. I should be able to hunt again in 2013, assuming the recovery goes as planned. :blob7:. Sure glad I have other hobbies, pain will be one of the newest hobbies :o. I told my wife that I'll probably be even more of a grump for awhile :whip2:.......NGE

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The "Kneed" for new knees has arrived

Be thankful you have other hobbies to delve into :thumbsup: Good luck on getting those new joints too.

P.S. I think I would have waited until after 12/21/2012... Just in case the Mayans are right :laughing9:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

spartacus53 said:
P.S. I think I would have waited until after 12/21/2012... Just in case the Mayans are right :laughing9:

Can't imagine going to the dentist on 12/20/2012. Wonder if people will delay paying bills until after 12/21, just in case? Congrats on the new knees, reckon I have one of them coming up, although I can still live with it. For sure will have to wait until after 12/21 though.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If people are expecting Christmas gifts from me, they are nutz :laughing9:

bcinbucks

Dec 30, 2007
Philadelphia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck with the knees. If you're not already into it............short wave radio is pretty interesting.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3

NGE, they aren't anything! I got a metal knee on Feb 11, 1998 in Minn and in the middle of March 1998 I was playing tennis in Florida....no pain, nuttin'. The doc of course chewed me out when I told him, but.... He then said that I'd have to have a new 'pad' installed into the knee in about 12 yrs due to normal wear. Huh? It will be 14 yrs tomorrow (I remember, my birthday) and no troubles, and I still haul many 60 lbs bags of waterfowl decoys every hunt into and out of a field many times every fall (15 weeks, twice a weekend).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread