The lady said "sure go ahead"

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
The lady said "sure go ahead"

There's an old house I've had my eye on for years. It just screams "somebody detect me!". So today on my way to the football field I stopped
there and knocked on the door.
A lady answered and when I asked if I could detect her property for buttons and stuff, she just said " Sure. Go ahead, have fun."

I was stunned for a second. Then I thanked her and started to detect. It was as simple as that!

Here's a few items I found. I wonder what the middle thing on the top is. It has writing on it and it's made out of lead. Anybody know?
okay.jpg

Cheers!

Ridley

Upvote 0
Re: The lady said "sure go ahead"

That really is a nice pin................good finds.......and if she's willing, go for round two.

Thats some great finds there.
The middle thing at the top is probably an wheight anchor for fishing. maby? lol. im not an expert of course but it would be my first guess.
HH

Ridley, is that house on the corner of 401 and 540?

I`ve thought about asking them if i could MD there.

Great job.I figure i get at least one out of three people i
ask to hunt.So i ask three different places to hunt when
looking in new sites.HH wolfbite

Nope. Not that house. This one's almost right in downtown Cary.

I actually went back to that house today for a while. I'm sure it's been hunted before at some point. Yes. There are some coins but not many and absolutely no old ones.

You can just tell someone got there first and pulled out all the really good stuff. Someone might have hit that place 20 years ago. Still entertaining though. ;)

Ridley

Wolfbite said:
Great job.I figure i get at least one out of three people i
ask to hunt.So i ask three different places to hunt when
looking in new sites.HH wolfbite

I'm starting to do the same thing. I followed up on the "Gone with the wind" house today. Maybe that place is still (intact).

Ridley

Too bad there isn't more stuff there Ridley. I was thinking my detector wasn't working so well lately....but I also was wondering if the places I hunt have already been hit. Usually I don't see any "signs" of a recent hunt, so I assume that they haven't been.

I found a new elementary school this past weekend that looked so promising. Went back to it all little while later only to find someone else there swinging away! That would explain why I'm having such a dry spell! (I never see anyone out swinging)

Good luck with future finds!

HH,
Moon

Very nice!

HH

Moonshadow said:
Too bad there isn't more stuff there Ridley. I was thinking my detector wasn't working so well lately....but I also was wondering if the places I hunt have already been hit. Usually I don't see any "signs" of a recent hunt, so I assume that they haven't been.

I found a new elementary school this past weekend that looked so promising. Went back to it all little while later only to find someone else there swinging away! That would explain why I'm having such a dry spell! (I never see anyone out swinging)

Good luck with future finds!

HH,
Moon
I don't mind competition. The two or three guys I've actually bumped into have been very friendly. One dude was like 80 years old and had a tiny dog with him. He had a full pocket of clad and do-dads.

He asked me to ID a token for him, because his eyesight was so bad.

I'll definitely do that house some more. I'm sure there's still some interesting things to find.

Ridley

congrads on your finds, keep at the yard you will find something good yet. I went 3 different times to this old house and figured it had been hit pretty good in the past but I kept at it. Sure enough in a very small area on what would have been the front lawn I found 3 Indian head pennies, let me tell you I was just a whoopping. You just never know what your going to find or what was missed by someone else.
HH
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back