What's new

the last box at the bank *UPDATED* PICS

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
the last 'box' at the bank *UPDATED* PICS

Well I went back to the bank I spoke of last week, thinking they had an unopened box of halves their (last time produced 4 WL, 2 BFs). Upon arriving the teller came out with a quarters box with a hodge podge assortment of halves. They were mostly hand rolls, some CWI rolls (suprising considering the other boxes were Brinks), and I even got back ~ $100 worth of dumps. I was disappointed.............. until I began opening the rolls. Nearly every other roll had a 40% in it, and then I came across a roll with 17/20 silvers. Sweet...with most of them appearing as 40%s, I went about the rest of the rolls. The second to last hand roll contained 4 BFs all in a row. I went back to work satisified. After about 2 hours I decided I'd go out to the car to get the final tally / breakdown. I knew that there were a few 64's in that one roll and wanted to be for certain how many. Picking through the roll, I found 7 90% Kennedys. As I take silver after silver from the top, what's that one...it sure isn't a kennedy but it has an eagle........another WALKER. 43-S in pretty decent shape.

Ended the day with 1 WL (43-S), 4 BF, 8 90% Kennedys, 22 40% Kennedys and 2 74-S proofs. Got an assortment of dimes on the way home, ~ $250 to search through. found a 58-D and a 52.

Tomorrow I have located a bank within lunch driving distance that has ~360 in Brinks rolled halves. I'm optimistic because I bought $60 before, and they had a marked coin similar to a coin I found in a box I bought at another bank last tuesday. That bank produced 2 WL, 1 BF and 1 40%. Hopefully there will be some in there. I tell you what I've had an amazing run recently and hope it never ends. Thanks for reading this and if I get out of this unlazy mood I'm in I'll take a pic of those coins, specifically the nice Walker.

The WL is not as discolored as the picture appears. I tried increasing brightness rather than taking another shot. If anything it is just surface dirt and not permanent as their remains excellent detail, at least in comparison to my others.

DD
 

Attachments

  • DSC00723.webp
    DSC00723.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC00725.webp
    DSC00725.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0
Re: the last 'box' at the bank

Strictly Awesome. :thumbsup:

The Trezurhunter.
 
Re: the last 'box' at the bank

Excellent Score! :thumbsup:
 
Re: the last 'box' at the bank

:thumbsup:
 
Re: the last 'box' at the bank

Awsome find! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: the last 'box' at the bank

Fantastic, continued good luck.

FL Junkman
 
Re: the last 'box' at the bank *UPDATED* PICS

Very nice score :thumbsup:
 
Re: the last 'box' at the bank *UPDATED* PICS

Awesome!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: the last 'box' at the bank *UPDATED* PICS

May your hot streak never end!
 
Re: the last 'box' at the bank *UPDATED* PICS

Beautiful.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom