against the wind
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jul 27, 2015
- Messages
- 24,896
- Reaction score
- 24,983
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
[/I]Well the title isn't completely true. Let me explain.
Today I revisited a park that was closer to home. I haven't been to it all year. I hammered this park 2 years ago with my AT PRO. I cleaned up on the clad, a few silver coins, as well as some silver and gold jewelry. Then last year when I first started swinging an E-Trac,, I went over a few parks that I had previously hit with the PRO. I can't really say that the E-Traca found a lot that the Pro missed. The Clad in this park is constantly replenished, so most of the clad that the E-Trac did find were fresh drops. As far as the silver goes,, I don't recall any silver being found after I hit the park with the PRO.
Weekends in most city parks that have any kind of acreage, and where bar-b-cueing is allowed, makes it hard to find any kind of real estate to hunt. Most of the larger areas are taken early in the day and used for family gatherings, birthday parties, and just hanging out. Today with temps in the low 80's and practically zero humidity, the chances of finding an empty lawn were slim to none. Well I did say Slim.
After searching the borders of some occupied lawns I moved to an area that has signs posted. 'NO BAR-B-CUING ALLOWED IN THIS AREA"
Now how do you like that. Just what the Metal Detecting Gods ordered. The Lawn was empty and almost out of earshot of those booming Dee-jay speakers.
I worked the lawn north and south and started to slowly surrender to the thought that I might not be going home with a silver coin today. That thought started to become fact as I started to lose the light. One more coin was the battle cry. Then I got a nice loud quarter signal. I dug down about 6 inches and out pops a mercury dime. Now, I can go home was the next thought.
I can go without a silver coin but I can't go for too long without swinging a coil. This past winter proved that.
My finds for the day were:10q, 14d, 2n, 19 memorials, and a 1942 Mercury Dime. The dime came out of the ground a little banged up, but hey it's silver.
My Silver Coin Totals for 2015 now sits at 106. [/I]




Today I revisited a park that was closer to home. I haven't been to it all year. I hammered this park 2 years ago with my AT PRO. I cleaned up on the clad, a few silver coins, as well as some silver and gold jewelry. Then last year when I first started swinging an E-Trac,, I went over a few parks that I had previously hit with the PRO. I can't really say that the E-Traca found a lot that the Pro missed. The Clad in this park is constantly replenished, so most of the clad that the E-Trac did find were fresh drops. As far as the silver goes,, I don't recall any silver being found after I hit the park with the PRO.
Weekends in most city parks that have any kind of acreage, and where bar-b-cueing is allowed, makes it hard to find any kind of real estate to hunt. Most of the larger areas are taken early in the day and used for family gatherings, birthday parties, and just hanging out. Today with temps in the low 80's and practically zero humidity, the chances of finding an empty lawn were slim to none. Well I did say Slim.
After searching the borders of some occupied lawns I moved to an area that has signs posted. 'NO BAR-B-CUING ALLOWED IN THIS AREA"
Now how do you like that. Just what the Metal Detecting Gods ordered. The Lawn was empty and almost out of earshot of those booming Dee-jay speakers.
I worked the lawn north and south and started to slowly surrender to the thought that I might not be going home with a silver coin today. That thought started to become fact as I started to lose the light. One more coin was the battle cry. Then I got a nice loud quarter signal. I dug down about 6 inches and out pops a mercury dime. Now, I can go home was the next thought.
I can go without a silver coin but I can't go for too long without swinging a coil. This past winter proved that.
My finds for the day were:10q, 14d, 2n, 19 memorials, and a 1942 Mercury Dime. The dime came out of the ground a little banged up, but hey it's silver.
My Silver Coin Totals for 2015 now sits at 106. [/I]




Last edited:
Upvote
8
You've got an awesome silver count for the year.






