The Nickel Pentafecta or Super GrandSlam!

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got five diferent nickels in same hunt: Shield, V, Buff, War and clad. This happened in a eroded beach i was using a minelab excalibur 1000. Gota love the low tones! Good luck and Happy Hollidays.

On this hunt, i got to the beach and could see some rocks south in the distance got there and there was another hunter with a gt, so went further south and got to a nice looking spot
First signal was a wheat, second another one, third and so on all wheat pennies, i tought silver , there has to be silver here, and then it happened got my first mercury dime and the next signal was another one, next signal was my first Buffalo ever, after that it was oldies galore, just with the nickels i ended the hunt with 1 shield, 7 v's, 18 Buff's, 2 war and a pile of clad nickels. Al this in a area of aprox the size of half a basketball court.
Also got a Walker, Barber quarter, 2 standers, 1 barber dime, 18 mercs and a rosie.
The best hunt of my young metal detecting career.

3921c93266e987072f293bcf8ebd22cc_zpsntsyopim.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 18

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely incredible! To get a V nickel and buffalo nickel in that condition from any site is amazing. From the beach, I've never seen anything like it.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recovered quite a few clad nickels from the water with my Excalibur. Never anything older than a Jefferson. They have always given a high pitched signal. Maybe I should get my Excalibur recalibrated. lol
Congrats on your finds.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling those 5 five nickels,:occasion14: I presume they were in the dry sand (by their condition). Now let's set out goals higher and pull 5 halves. :headbang:

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job on the gorgeous nickels. I was digging in Baltimore last weekend and I hit one shield, one V, two Buffs, and a handful of Jeffs. My first quadfecta. JUST missed cycle.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow... I have never seen that before. Congrats!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding. To have pulled 5 different designed Nickels in the same hunt is unreal. I still don't have a Nickel trifecta.

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely incredible! To get a V nickel and buffalo nickel in that condition from any site is amazing. From the beach, I've never seen anything like it.

It was,a pretty amazing hunt, also got a handfull,of silver coins.

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recovered quite a few clad nickels from the water with my Excalibur. Never anything older than a Jefferson. They have always given a high pitched signal. Maybe I should get my Excalibur recalibrated. lol
Congrats on your finds.

You should, nickels are low toned, kinda like a stainless washer, stainles ring or small gold, thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on pulling those 5 five nickels,:occasion14: I presume they were in the dry sand (by their condition). Now let's set out goals higher and pull 5 halves. :headbang:

No, they were in the wet, had to work for them, they were mixed in with gravels and rocks. The thing is we had some king tides so i dont know how often water got to that part,of the eroded beach.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know what guys? This would make a very nice picture up at the top. Each individual coin may not make it there. But, I'd like to hear of ANY other person who did this in one hunt before. With a little more info, I think a banner vote wouldn't be out of the question.

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know what guys? This would make a very nice picture up at the top. Each individual coin may not make it there. But, I'd like to hear of ANY other person who did this in one hunt before. With a little more info, I think a banner vote wouldn't be out of the question.

Thanks Whadifind, it was the most epic hunt, full of firsts, quantity and quallity, thanks for the nimination also. I elaborated some on the hunt. Good luck and Mery Christmas.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should, nickels are low toned, kinda like a stainless washer, stales ring or small gold, thanks for the reply.
On my E-trac, I get nice low tones on both gold and nickels.
With the Excalibur, in the water, when the coil goes over a rectangular pull tab or nickel, I get a high pitched, loud signal. When the Excalibur goes over a piece of gold or foil, I get a low tone.Which machine were you using?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt getting all the old nickels, and silvers.

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my E-trac, I get nice low tones on both gold and nickels.
With the Excalibur, in the water, when the coil goes over a rectangular pull tab or nickel, I get a high pitched, loud signal. When the Excalibur goes over a piece of gold or foil, I get a low tone.Which machine were you using?

Excalibur 1000, i get low tones on pulltabs, nickels, foil, stainless, and gold depending on size, k and weight. Stainless and foil are lower.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love seeing those Nicks here just as much as that "other" site! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread