The Nokta is killing it

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
Detecting a very trashy homestead full of corroded cans and sheet metal. The ole Nokta Makro hit pretty hard on this coin, my very first V nickel I have ever found. I actually hardly ever find nickels with my AT pro detector, but the Makro has already located quite a few. Not sure why that is… I still use both machines but the Nokta sure is growing on me!
E2200359-384B-4A98-BC13-BE2C3D02BC70.jpeg

Upvote 26

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first V Nickel. The reason you probably were not finding Nickels with the AT Pro as opposed to the Makro, is probably in the settings that you used on the AT Pro.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting a very trashy homestead full of corroded cans and sheet metal. The ole Nokta Makro hit pretty hard on this coin, my very first V nickel I have ever found. I actually hardly ever find nickels with my AT pro detector, but the Makro has already located quite a few. Not sure why that is… I still use both machines but the Nokta sure is growing on me! View attachment 1989260
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Detecting a very trashy homestead full of corroded cans and sheet metal. The ole Nokta Makro hit pretty hard on this coin, my very first V nickel I have ever found. I actually hardly ever find nickels with my AT pro detector, but the Makro has already located quite a few. Not sure why that is… I still use both machines but the Nokta sure is growing on me! View attachment 1989260
Congratulations on your find! Keep it up!

OP
OP
Timbermaster

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks folks! It was exciting to dig it. I love that fleeting moment you realize you have a coin but don’t know what it is yet. It took me a minute to ID it, the V on the back wasn’t legible so it wasn’t instantly identifiable to me. Can’t wait to see what turns up next. That’s what is so great about this hobby!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't think of any reason why the AT pro wouldn't find a coin like that assuming it was within the depth capabilities & you had the settings right. (plus the user has to dig the signal)

Nov 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your very first V Nickel.

OP
OP
Timbermaster

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't think of any reason why the AT pro wouldn't find a coin like that assuming it was within the depth capabilities & you had the settings right. (plus the user has to dig the signal)
I have found a few nickels with the pro, which I always use in the Pro Zero setting with no discrim. Of course it will find any coin. My point was the nickels I have dug with the Nokta so far have a cleaner crisper hit that differentiates itself more from the mid tone pulltab signal that is indistinguishable on the Pro. When the Makro hits a nickel, I know it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a few nickels with the pro, which I always use in the Pro Zero setting with no discrim. Of course it will find any coin. My point was the nickels I have dug with the Nokta so far have a cleaner crisper hit that differentiates itself more from the mid tone pulltab signal that is indistinguishable on the Pro. When the Makro hits a nickel, I know it.
Fair enough.
Your right to have No Disc.
Personally I just dig all mid tone pull tabs, gives you a better chance of a gold coin/ring.
I used to ignore iron signals when I first detected, I now clear them as much as possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread