The Only Silver In The Entire Box, And It Was .........

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought five 1970's mint sets just for that reason. When the great melt down comes, they will be worth even more.

Great find... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Score!!! Still looking for my first 1970!!! :help:

HH,

$ilver$urfer

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
silver spoon said:
The great meltdown what the heck are you talking about?

Whenever silver is way up like now (and in the early 80s), tons of silver gets sold to dealers and thus sent to refineries such as old silverware, jewelry and lots of 90% and 40%.

There is so much 90% being sold to dealers now that many dealers will sell if below spot to buyers just to unload it, since a refiner will pay them even less if the dealer sends it to them.

If silver keeps going up I believe that a large percentage of the existing junk silver will evaporate and be turned into bars and rounds (.999).

There are some good articles out there about what got sent in to melt in the early 80s. Alot of key years were melted because so much junk silver was being sent in the coin dealers didn't have time to sort out key dates. Even lots of key date Morgans got melted back then from what I read.

Jim

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I still haven't gotten a 1970 yet, and I've been doing this for almost 2 years now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread