What's new

The Only Silver In The Entire Box, And It Was .........

Mentone Grizz

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
452
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
......a 1970 D!! In very nice condition, as well! Only my second 1970 D in more than 4 years of CRH! They are certainly few and far between!
- Grizz
 
Upvote 0
I bought five 1970's mint sets just for that reason. When the great melt down comes, they will be worth even more.


Great find... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
 
silver spoon said:
The great meltdown what the heck are you talking about?

I believe I am experiencing that very thing at work today!!
- Grizz
 
Sweet Score!!! Still looking for my first 1970!!! :help:

HH,

$ilver$urfer
 
silver spoon said:
The great meltdown what the heck are you talking about?


Whenever silver is way up like now (and in the early 80s), tons of silver gets sold to dealers and thus sent to refineries such as old silverware, jewelry and lots of 90% and 40%.

There is so much 90% being sold to dealers now that many dealers will sell if below spot to buyers just to unload it, since a refiner will pay them even less if the dealer sends it to them.

If silver keeps going up I believe that a large percentage of the existing junk silver will evaporate and be turned into bars and rounds (.999).

There are some good articles out there about what got sent in to melt in the early 80s. Alot of key years were melted because so much junk silver was being sent in the coin dealers didn't have time to sort out key dates. Even lots of key date Morgans got melted back then from what I read.

Jim
 
Good score on the 70. Took me almost 2 years to get one
HH
Rich
 
back in the 80's silver was around $50. lots of halves bit the dust.
congrats on the 70.....still looking for one.
 
Nice, I still haven't gotten a 1970 yet, and I've been doing this for almost 2 years now
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom