What's new

The other "Any Idea what is this brass piece is?"

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The other "Any Idea what is this brass piece is?"

Mr. Magoo (Chris) and I both found 1 of these on on a skirmish site in NC. We're thinking it may be a part of an old lock. If so, does anyone have a complete piece for reference? I'll bet BB knows this one. Thank you
 

Attachments

  • DSC00008.webp
    DSC00008.webp
    131.4 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC00009.webp
    DSC00009.webp
    128.2 KB · Views: 362
Re: Unknown

Almost looks like part of a link to a gear-type chain.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: The other "Any Idea what is this brass piece is?"

I agree MJ, that it does look like half of a chain link, but I don't think it would be made of brass if it was. If you look close at the picture of the back, it looks like it had a coating or gilt.
 
Upvote 0
Re: The other "Any Idea what is this brass piece is?"

72cheyenne said:
I agree MJ, that it does look like half of a chain link, but I don't think it would be made of brass if it was. If you look close at the picture of the back, it looks like it had a coating or gilt.

I thought about that too... but don't have another direction to head in. LOL
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom