The relaxing camp hunt...relics.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the wife wanted to do a one day camping trip to north western pa. Well, ok i says and packed up the car with the detector, camping gear, and of course the dog. After gathering wood and scout the the area, me and the pup headed off to find...any thing.

Started at a campsite that is not seen from the road. Pull about $2.00 worth of clad outta there. Some laying on the surface. Next, i hit some paths that resembles old logging roads, now well over grown. These are the finds. I still need to clean them up. I'll take any tips for cleaning iron. Electrolysis? Soaking?

This is my first axe head, no clue on age. As for the other items...i have no idea. Just cool looking. If anyone can ID any of them, but will repost in the "What the heck is this!" forum later. LoL The small one is and old hand made spike.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130811_163727.png
    ForumRunner_20130811_163727.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Upvote 0

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's difficult to tell for sure, but the top piece might be broke off of a wood burning stove. Soaking will take forever. Electrolysis is the way to do it.

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's difficult to tell for sure, but the top piece might be broke off of a wood burning stove. Soaking will take forever. Electrolysis is the way to do it.

That is my guess as well. The leaf design is what caught my eye. I think they are all too toasty to get any stamps off of them, but still nice to find.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evaporust works pretty good too....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread