The sad tale of broken blue

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I did a post the other day about the meager finds I ended with after sifting three yards of dirt. I did manage to retrieve the broken pieces from another blue bottle, and I believe it was for some kind of medication. It was made by the "John Wyeth & Bro." company and has a little reminder around the top of the bottle when to take the next dose. I love blue bottles and was heartbroken to find these pieces. Using scotch tape, I managed to put humpty dumpty back together again, for the most part, just to see what he'd look like :'(. He was handsome!

Attachments

• brokenblue 001 (Small).jpg
    brokenblue 001 (Small).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 844
  • brokenblue 002 (Small).jpg
    brokenblue 002 (Small).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 823
  • brokenblue 003 (Small).jpg
    brokenblue 003 (Small).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 826
Upvote 0
I love those blue bottles,too..

I live way out here in a ghost town in the Mojave desert. While digging in an old dumpsite just outside town I recently discovered a cobalt blue Owl Drug Co. poison bottle. It was three-sided. Websearched it,found one just like it had sold on Ebay for $156. I donated it to the Trona Museum.

I agree, it was a great bottle, hopefully you find an intact one.

I have a whole one and the cobalt blue dose cup that sits on the top. The cup has the numbers 1 through 12 on the outside of the rim so you would know what time to take your next dose. On the bottom it reads- this cup holds a heaping dessert spoonful. I didn't find the the bottle and cup together an didn't know that they went with each other for about a year. Hopefully you will find a whole one some day. :thumbsup:

Wolverine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back