What's new

The Search(#5)(12/19 to 1/1/11)

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy New Year everyone. I hope everyone had a relaxing and safe holiday. I took a break last week from my everyday searching and visited my parents in Florida. As a result, this post is for 2 weeks of searching.

12/19- I returned 4 bags of halves and bought 1 box of nickels from Brinks(1943-S,1998 Canadian)

12/20- $10 in cents(Garda)7 common wheats,6 canadian
$10 in cents(customer)13 common wheats,1 canadian
$10 in cents(Garda)8 common wheats,2 canadian

12/21-Nickel Box(Brinks)6 buffalo nickels(Shown in a previous post)
Cent Box(Brinks)9 common wheats,1978 Barbados coin
Dime Box(Brinks)Skunk

12/22-No activity

12/23-Dime box(Brinks)Skunk

12/24-My wife and I drove down to visit my parents in Florida. Brought down a Halve box, nickel box, and 2 cent boxes to go thru with my dad.

12/25-No activity

12/26 or 12/27- My dad and I searched all 4 boxes. The half box was a skunk. The nickel box produced a 1921 Buffalo. We had a little competition hunt to see who would find the oldest cent. I found the oldest with a 1930. My dad found a blank planchett. It was some quality CRHing time with my dad.

12/28 thru 12/29-No activity

12/30-Box of halves(Garda)1-40%

12/31 and 1/1/11- Back home and a busy day CRHing. Made no less then 16 bank stops on Friday and searched it all between Friday and Saturday. Here's the #S.

#1-Box of halves(Garda)10-40% and 2-64s
#2-$10 in cents(4 wheats including a 1920,6 Canadian)
#3-(Had no halves)$100 in dimes(Garda)Skunk
#4-$10 in cents(5 wheats,2 Canadian),ordered box of halves,had 1 clad half
#5-Bank 5 had no halves
#6-Box of Nickels(3 wars 42-S,45-P,45-S)2005 Bahamas coin
#7-$68 in halves including 5 rolls that they just got in-Skunk
#8-Returned 3 bags of halves and bought a box of nickels(1926,1928 buffalos)
#9-Box of nickels(42-P war nickel)
#10-$10 in cents(4 common wheats,3 Canadian)$6 in halves(1-40%)
#11-Box of nickels(1899 V nickel,dateless buffalo in 1st roll,43-S war,2 canadian)
#12-$10 in cents(customer)5 wheats, 4 dimes
-$20 in halves(all Bicentennial)

#13-3 boxes of halves(Garda)
1st box skunk, 2nd box had 1-64,3rd box had 1-64 and 1-40%er.

#14(For you cent searchers)
I asked the teller for $10 in cents. She immediately starts setting aside 7 machine rolls that had wheat enders for me, then randomly pulled 13 more rolls. This must have been a collection turned in. Totals for the 13 rolls that had nothing showing were 20 wheats(1 roll had 13 wheats). Of the 7 rolls that had enders,1 had 19 wheats, 1 had 18 wheats, 2 had 17 wheats each,2 had 16 wheats each, and the remaining 1 had 6 wheats. There was a 1919,(2)1923,1925,(2)1929,1929-S,1930,1934,(2)1935,(3)1936,1937,1938, and 1939. There were 52 from the 1940s and 75 from the 1950s. The total wheats out of 20 rolls were 144. I may check back at this branch Monday to see if I can buy the rest of the box.(Correction, i noticed i had 8 rolls with wheat enders but you get the idea)

#15-$10 in cents(Garda)5 common wheats, 1996 Bermuda coin

#16-Box of nickels(Brinks)3 war (2)43-P,44-P, and a 1937 Buffalo
-Box of cents(Brinks)15 wheats including a 43 steel,6 Canadian, a 2007 Panama coin, and a 2 Euro coin

Thanks for reading. Wishing everyone has a happy New Year.MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3764.webp
    DSCN3764.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN3765.webp
    DSCN3765.webp
    18 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCN3783.webp
    DSCN3783.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN3784.webp
    DSCN3784.webp
    34 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCN3785.webp
    DSCN3785.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN3785-1.webp
    DSCN3785-1.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0
MM 2,
Nice work, you put in some effort to work all those! I think you did well in both cents and nickles. Really like the "V" back nickle, I've worked a lot of boxes of nickles and have only found one. You also slayed the Buffalo nickles! :icon_thumleft:

I worked some rolls when I was home with my dad this past Spring. The real pay-off is that quality time shared with family.

Wish you the best in the new year,
Steve
 
Nice finds. Lot of work, but it was great quality time with your dad. I always like to see that!
Nice buffalos, too
rileyboy
 
Forgot to mention that the pix are great. Very inspirational.
thanks
rileyboy
 
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad i was able to get down there this Christmas, there's no guarantee of a next time. Family is most important.
 
Nice haul on the nickels.. One of these days, I'm going to search a box of nickels for the fun of it. You guys look like a bunch of coin dealers with all those coins on the table and magnifying glasses. Nice Nickel box. :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Enjoyed reading the report and the great pics.
HH
Rich
 
Glad you still have your dad around to hunt with. Mine has been gone for 10 years. Maybe when my son gets older (9 months old now), he and I can CRH.
Good score on the nickels and wheaties :thumbsup:

HH,
Legend
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom