What's new

The skunks know..........

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
............no bounds.

First, $388 in loose halves from the coin counter of an area bank gave up ZERO. First time I've been skunked by a coin counter bag; must have been someones rejects.

Next, BOTH box #s 205 & 206 were all new 94d ! ! Only opened one roll, spot confirmed the others by turning over a dozen or so from each box; and proceeded to return them to the bank. Wasn't even interested in hanging on to a roll or two for EBay purposes. Just wanted to get rid of them.

Oh well, picking up two more boxes tomorrow, let's keep our fingers crossed.
 
Upvote 0
I feel your pain - that is what I call a false start!
 
thurmownator said:
............no bounds.

First, $388 in loose halves from the coin counter of an area bank gave up ZERO. First time I've been skunked by a coin counter bag; must have been someones rejects.

Next, BOTH box #s 205 & 206 were all new 94d ! ! Only opened one roll, spot confirmed the others by turning over a dozen or so from each box; and proceeded to return them to the bank. Wasn't even interested in hanging on to a roll or two for EBay purposes. Just wanted to get rid of them.

Oh well, picking up two more boxes tomorrow, let's keep our fingers crossed.

I found six rolls of 1994D about two months ago and sold them for $25 a roll. I have seen them sold on ebay between $20 and $30 a roll. The book lists them as worth $26.00 a roll in BU. Hope I didn't ruin your day.
 
Darn Thurm!!! 207 & 208 tomorrow have to produce something.....it's time for the ride to go north....fingers crossed for ya.......let us know.
 
Hope you had luck today.

Oldred, why would 1994D sell for over face? Just curious because I don't check those for errors. Am I missing something?

HH.
 
Sheldius said:
Hope you had luck today.

Oldred, why would 1994D sell for over face? Just curious because I don't check those for errors. Am I missing something?

HH.
the only reason why is that someone who thought halves were "rare" bought them and stored them away. :)
 
Sheldius said:
Hope you had luck today.

Oldred, why would 1994D sell for over face? Just curious because I don't check those for errors. Am I missing something?

HH.

They have no errors that I know of, but they sell on ebay all the time between 20 and 30 dollars. I sold my rolls to a coin collector in our club. The 1994D lists at $26 per roll in BU condition. Most people don't try and sell them, but If I know they are selling for that amount on ebay on a regular basis, then I'm going to try and sell them for a nice profit. I'm no expert on coins, but selling them worked for me.
 
thurmownator said:
............no bounds.

First, $388 in loose halves from the coin counter of an area bank gave up ZERO. First time I've been skunked by a coin counter bag; must have been someones rejects.

Next, BOTH box #s 205 & 206 were all new 94d ! ! Only opened one roll, spot confirmed the others by turning over a dozen or so from each box; and proceeded to return them to the bank. Wasn't even interested in hanging on to a roll or two for EBay purposes. Just wanted to get rid of them.

Oh well, picking up two more boxes tomorrow, let's keep our fingers crossed.

# 207 ..........................skunk.

Couldn't bear to open #208 yet. Will do tonight.

You can't win if you don't play..............right?
 
A lot of colectors build a set out of unopened rolls.
or as close to a basic set as possible.

Thus the demand for unopened rolls

OD
 
Box # 209 AND #210................both skunks :( . That's six skunk boxes of halves in a row. Ouch !

Oh well, picking up two more boxes today.

You can't win if you don't play.
 
thurmownator said:
Box # 209 AND #210................both skunks :( > . That's six skunk boxes of halves in a row. Ouch !

Ow well, picking up two more boxes today.

You can't win if you don't play.

Wow Thurm.....sorry to hear this. I sure hope it's gets better very quick!

But one thing is for sure Mike...........you certainly have a great attitude for this hobby. You always did. I know you will keep plugging too......best of luck to you on the next one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom