The Sovereign Saga second park hunt

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the hunt I might have expected yesterday. A typical find assortment for me. No fancy gold. No stinkin silver.

It was a mild day somewhere in the 50’s today with some gusty wind that carried a bit of a bite to it. I wanted to hunt with the GT again as soon as I could after an amazing 1st park hunt yesterday. :skullflag: Frost covered the low lying grass on the lawn. I was stuck waiting for an igniter part for our range to arrive. Then I had to do the repair. My wife disagrees with me that it is not an emergency, but I do 90% of the cooking… go figure! :evil5: :nono:

With the repair out of the way I had farted around a bit drinking coffee, you know, wasting my valuable hunting time being indecisive trying to decide where to run to next, like some kind of 12yr old. Harry Potter with a new magic twig. I almost went back to the same park as the first hunt, but instead went to another park a few blocks away where I had found many goodies in some woods recently cleared out by the City. I decided this at the last minute, of course. I had enough time for a short hunt of two hours, and part of me wanted to look for more pennies from the woods, but not without checking around the pool areas first. At this pool I’ve hunted it with other machines quickly 3 times cherry picking as best I can for coins and jewelry. I’ve recovered some of both, more coins than jewelry, but nothing valuable. Let’s see what I missed.

First target after ground balancing was a beautiful sounding…..ring-pull. Toss it in the pouch. Looks like I forgot everything I learned from yesterday, I muse. "Pay attention, student!", I tell myself.

To get to the pool I must pass between the shelter house and the 5yr. and under tot-lot. I know there is tons of trash here from prior hunts, but just a few minutes listening first, then I’ll move on. Well, we know how that goes, I couldn't move on before diggin this item's tone...

She's really trying to get me to like her with this symbolism.
GT's-first-chain.jpg

She's trying to key my heart.
Key-Hole-Heart.jpg

It looks better in the ground, I swear. :laughing9: I followed that up by selecting another few ring-pulls to rescue and a very tiny roundish piece of canslaw just for good measure. I’m out of here for today, I think.

At the pool I start selecting tones to dig. A recently-ish dropped zinc penny is picked up first. Again, a few more pennies from less than 2 inches. Then up comes Nickel! A solitary clad nickel about 2 ½ inches. Sounded good and a more smooth tone than zinc! OK, glad to get that milestone out of the way….please let me have missed gold. I didn’t miss any gold, I don’t think, but I did miss this charm.

Swinging with the Mammals.
Charming-GT.jpg

The dolphin charm was singing a beautiful high siren song loud and clear from 2 inches depth. It's costume. Then came more clad - a dime, another nickel, a few screw caps, followed by a bit more of the notably rare (to this point) good sounding can slaw signals.

Soon I meandered behind and around the shelter house, built in the 30’s, as I rounded the opposite side of the pool skirt. Wanted to see how close I could get to the big green power box out back of it before I see EMI chatter. Well, pretty darn close running the stock 10” Tornado. Right around 4 inches and it would chatter. Even at closer distances it never was as bad as inside my house unless the coil was right up near the box. I can live with that. I’m impressed, really. I realize now that thinking back, near the parking lot there is usually some EMI on any given day, but not today using the Sovereign. While heading back around front of the shelter I picked up another dime. Then I found a small lead button-type thing with some green paint still left on it. :icon_scratch:

While passing through the park I went through the open field activity area. I picked up a wheat penny in that field at 4-5 inches. It would be my last target because the batteries died.

hole-wheat.jpg

Couldn't get a date in the field. And after the final photo I tossed it into the "good finds to be sorted at another time, if ever" bucket, along with everything else but the trash.

all-GT-finds.jpg

So far this old MILF is proving she can still suck out the goods! I just need to get it up and get it on with her language of love. Can't wait to see what kind of magic happens then! :love6:

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions