The Squirrels Have Been Generous

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Yet again.. another squirrel decides to drop his tail for me.. this make 20 tails so far in the last 4 years.. also as of recently.. rabbits have been dropping their tails.. Currently I have 3.. Over the summer, stopped off at a native american gift shop Cherokee National forest.. picked up a black wolf pelt.. closest thing I could find to the black color I wanted for my "Horns of The Buffalo" stave.

Upvote 0

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much did that wolf pelt run you if you don't mind my asking? Wish I had known you were looking for a black fur, caught a black beaver this winter under the ice, nice and prime, got ripped off on it at auction.

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
I was surprised to see someone interested in furs.. I was mainly searching for buffalo fur/pelt small section really.. but I came across another small section the shop keep told me $35.00 (this was in Cherokee) So I bought it from a native American. the section measures 18'' x 18'' and is from the head area.
I selected it because of its design, I'll place gems of some sort in the eye sockets. (undecided) However, I'm still searching for a rattle snake tail (rattles) I need several of them to place inside the pelt.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was surprised to see someone interested in furs.. I was mainly searching for buffalo fur/pelt small section really.. but I came across another small section the shop keep told me $35.00 (this was in Cherokee) So I bought it from a native American. the section measures 18'' x 18'' and is from the head area.
I selected it because of its design, I'll place gems of some sort in the eye sockets. (undecided) However, I'm still searching for a rattle snake tail (rattles) I need several of them to place inside the pelt.

Well that black beaver I caught(it was a true black, not dark brown) was a fifty two pounder and I only got 15 bucks for it at the auction:BangHead: The lighter colors actually get more money because they cost less to dye. I know a whole wolf pelt can fetch a ton of money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions