What's new

The Ugly Silver Day !

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We haven't been on this field since 2011, it has no sites on it & we only managed 2 hammered from it in the past. So today with no better options we gridded it for just over 5 hours in the hope for 1 hammered. As the day went on our button count made us hope for 1 good one, but that wasn't to be either. The poor parade of silver just about saved the day along with a couple of other finds...

Hunts Button - Running Hare
Neolithic Flint
Knights of the Holy Sepulchre Badge 8-)
London 1829 Silver Spoon Handle
Toasted Silver Shilling
1922 Shilling (Best of a bad lot)
1836/37 Silver Four Pence

Not sure where we are going next....
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    157.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    176.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    116.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    188 KB · Views: 153
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    262 KB · Views: 172
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    238.3 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 24
I like the flint. I can't imagine having to survive using just stone age tools.
 
Looks like a productive hunt to me!
 
You're digging baby silvers Cru, but nevertheless it's better than nothing. What I really like however, is the flint. That's a real special piece IMHO. Also, a George II on my side of the pond is a decent find so nice work on that too.
 
Looks like you hit my "Random Field". :laughing7: Except the flint. Like these a lot.
 
Looks like you hit my "Random Field". :laughing7: Except the flint. Like these a lot.

Funny, I thought of that & nearly named the post it.
 
I miss detecting! I'll have to get over for a day or two ��
 
I miss detecting! I'll have to get over for a day or two ��

OK mate, good to here from you. Our land options are still growing, we get another farm almost every year. This year has been our best start ever, already on:
450 Roman Bronze Coins
17 Roman Silver
4 Celtic Silver
etc...
 
No silver is ugly! You might be able to get enough detail to ID that toasted coin if you do a little light electrolysis.
 
I'll be in touch soon ��
 
That flint piece is very cool
 
Very well done Cru! That's a lot of stuff you got there. The silvers look good to me. Best of luck to you sir!
 
Man that's a great hunt to me I love the buttons , and the coins but the badge and relics are way cool
I was in London last year as a tourist but didn't hunt I would love to hunt over there ! Keep it up hh gl
 
Very intriguing finds. I truly enjoy the treasures found on your continent. I suspect many of us feel the same way as some of our ancestors are from there. As others have commented, I too am very interested in the neolithic flint. It's so different from what we find here in SW USA. I like it! Hopefully, you will post it in another section of the forum. Congratulations on your hunt!
 
I love the finds, especially that flint. Well done...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom