CRUSADER
Emerald Member
Arrived today to see that the whole farm had finally been drilled with Spring Beans.
It made our jump off point a little harder to find but I managed to butt up to our last grid & continued the hunt.
Part of my gridding strategy with my mate is to get him started & then leap to the outside edge & work my way in to fill the gap.
Whilst I was going to the new starting point & Roman Silver Republic popped up, it was way out of the known scatter & meant I needed to change the plan & fill in a whole new area. Whilst doing this another Roman Silver of Augustus came out in nice condition. If that wasn't good enough I put a hammered onto the silver total as well!
4Hrs:
15 Roman Bronze Coins
Roman Spoon Bowl
Roman Leather Mount
Tudor Clothes Fastener
Man Acilius Glabrio Denarius. 49 BC. [SAL]VTIS (upwards), head of Salus right / [MN] ACILIVS III VIR V[ALETV], Salus standing left, holding serpent and resting left elbow on a column. (THANKS Mackaydon for ID)
Augustus Denarius. Spanish mint, 18 BC. CAESARI AVGVSTO, laureate head left / SPQR beneath domed tetrastyle temple, standard in a chariot within.
Charles I Shilling 1645 Tower Mint under Parliament (mm. eye)
It made our jump off point a little harder to find but I managed to butt up to our last grid & continued the hunt.
Part of my gridding strategy with my mate is to get him started & then leap to the outside edge & work my way in to fill the gap.
Whilst I was going to the new starting point & Roman Silver Republic popped up, it was way out of the known scatter & meant I needed to change the plan & fill in a whole new area. Whilst doing this another Roman Silver of Augustus came out in nice condition. If that wasn't good enough I put a hammered onto the silver total as well!
4Hrs:
15 Roman Bronze Coins
Roman Spoon Bowl
Roman Leather Mount
Tudor Clothes Fastener
Man Acilius Glabrio Denarius. 49 BC. [SAL]VTIS (upwards), head of Salus right / [MN] ACILIVS III VIR V[ALETV], Salus standing left, holding serpent and resting left elbow on a column. (THANKS Mackaydon for ID)
Augustus Denarius. Spanish mint, 18 BC. CAESARI AVGVSTO, laureate head left / SPQR beneath domed tetrastyle temple, standard in a chariot within.
Charles I Shilling 1645 Tower Mint under Parliament (mm. eye)
Last edited:
Upvote
24








