What's new

The UNusual suspects...best find not even metal

PlzBSeated

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
502
Reaction score
4,934
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last time I went out the ATPro was a little jumpy due to an undetermined source of electrical interference. I took the E-Trac out today to the same place because the E-Trac handles interference so well. The good news is, I wasn't missing much with the Pro.

Aluminum Clothespin 081416.webp

First unusual find is this Aluminum Clothes Pin. Hollywood Pin-Ups. Initially produced in the mid-40s. Not sure how long they were produced or how many.

And when digging, you always find a few surprises in the process.

Brown Bennington 081416.webp

Love finding old marbles!:headbang: This is a glazed Brown Bennington. Not positive on age but I think they were produced in Germany between the mid and late 1800s. Only the second Bennington I've ever come across. The other was a little smaller and blue. These are fairly sought after collectibles.

Finds 081416.webp

Today's finds...

Brown Bennington Porcelain Marble
1940s Aluminum Clothes Pin
1925 Wheat Back, well toasted

PBS
 
Upvote 12
That is one unique and awesome marble. I love it
 
The marble and clothes pin are wonderful........not your everyday digs.........
Nice goin'.............:thumbsup:
 
Sweet finds! Congrats!

Yep, not all our treasures are metal! And a good portion are not made with a detector.

Nice unique finds!.
 
Nice finds, congratulations! :icon_thumleft:
 
Ha, your just like me, I get all excited when I see a marble in my scoop.
Cool finds.
 
Thanks for the post, and couldn't agree with you more. Old bottles, marbles, the odd arrowhead - not all treasures have to be metal. But - the hobby got you there so you still must pay homage to the MD gods!

John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom