What's new

The worst penny lot ever !!!!! ....... well, almost

steelsoldier

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh NC
So the work was busy and I could not hit to banks last week... On Monday, I grabbed 40 rolls of hand rolled pennies... Just finished them, the wheat stats are horrible, I only pulled out 2 wheats (46 and 51d) -- 1 for every 20 rolls.... ouch... (my average is 1 wheat for every 4.2 rolls)

What made the rolls worthwhile was I found 3 dimes, 1 UK penny, 4 Canadians (oldest 1943 - my oldest Canadian CRHing) and most importantly 2000 wide AM (one of my goals for the year) and my second 1999 wide AM... I guess that is why CRH is so much fun, even a bad lot can turn out couple of surprises...
 
Upvote 0
steelsoldier said:
So the work was busy and I could not hit to banks last week... On Monday, I grabbed 40 rolls of hand rolled pennies... Just finished them, the wheat stats are horrible, I only pulled out 2 wheats (46 and 51d) -- 1 for every 20 rolls.... ouch... (my average is 1 wheat for every 4.2 rolls)

What made the rolls worthwhile was I found 3 dimes, 1 UK penny, 4 Canadians (oldest 1943 - my oldest Canadian CRHing) and most importantly 2000 wide AM (one of my goals for the year) and my second 1999 wide AM... I guess that is why CRH is so much fun, even a bad lot can turn out couple of surprises...
I would like too see a photo of the 1999 wide AM. Not trying too say you are wrong, but they are verrrrry rare and some people get fooled by thinking some of the close AMs with a small gap are actually wide AMs. there has to be a generous gap between the letters along with some difference with the "s" in the coin design, plus distance of the designer's initials from the base of the monument. I have been looking for 9 years and have only found one. Maybe you are just luckier than i am.
 
It is good to see other variety hunters...

This is the link I use to search varieties - I do not search for all but most of it....

http://www.tricklenews.com/pebble/default/2008/01/07/1199697540000.html

and this is the site I used for picture comparison..

http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/_Ty-2_Reverse_Cent_Varieties.htm

I still cannot effort a digital camera but will send you pics when I get one.... I search for varieties but I am not an expert on them... I think it is just the beginners luck...
 
Hi steelsoldier,
i'm a little down the road from where you are, in Kannapolis.

HH
Gilbert
 
I just found my 3rd 1999 wide AM on Sunday. They are out there to find, you just have to keep looking. I search thru about a $25 box per day.

Here are the pics:
DSC01191.jpg


DSC01193.jpg


AM.jpg


FG.jpg
 
Wow you've got a good eye. I wonder how many errors I've passed by unknowingly?
 
Good job on the 99 wide A M :thumbsup:!! I am one of those who have found scads of 98 or 2000, but not the 99,,,,yet. I was beginning to wonder if they were out there :wink:!! Good luck,, Gpurs..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom