THERE ARE A LOT OF DEAD PEOPLE WATCHING OVER IT.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. just a word of caution the boundaries of the states were different in 1870 than they were today. Be sure to work off old maps for this is what they would have been working on. They meaning the KGC. Cartography was not the exact science that it is today. With our satellite imagery and GPS we can be very precise. Some of the early maps that I have seen were crude to say the least. Precise measurements on a non precise map could cause problems that is one of the reasons for marked trees and rocks

Let's face it why are we finding markers in cemeteries and grave yards. They are permanent places dead men don't move. We here in the south have a lot of confederate monuments I am going back a looking for signs on and around them. Especially those erected shortly after the war. Getting the oldest pictures possible of it. Maybe just maybe, Dead men do tell.

Senior Deacon

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you guys figure out the inventory, Franklin? Did you find any clues that let you know where that much bullion came from? Would the bars have been melted coin?

The tree carvings told us everything we needed to know. But with today's law it is very difficult to get permission. Everything was found written out in plain English and in Codes. I have not deciphered some of the Codes yet but I believe them to say what we already know. A two headed snake with one in plain text on the one side and the coded messages on the other side. The plain text could be a decoy but so far everything checks out. The gold bars it says was a Grant so I believe that would be the gold bars for the $15 Million dollar loan by England in late 1864. Over $3 Million was used for ship building the other is what was left.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. just a word of caution the boundaries of the states were different in 1870 than they were today. Be sure to work off old maps for this is what they would have been working on. They meaning the KGC. Cartography was not the exact science that it is today. With our satellite imagery and GPS we can be very precise. Some of the early maps that I have seen were crude to say the least. Precise measurements on a non precise map could cause problems that is one of the reasons for marked trees and rocks

Let's face it why are we finding markers in cemeteries and grave yards. They are permanent places dead men don't move. We here in the south have a lot of confederate monuments I am going back a looking for signs on and around them. Especially those erected shortly after the war. Getting the oldest pictures possible of it. Maybe just maybe, Dead men do tell.

Senior Deacon

We have a hand drawn crude map made out of lead medallions that was caved and stamped by the K.G.C. I don't think we can find a better one to work off of, the problem is the map symbols don't go to the map like one would expect! LOL! Seriously though, I understand what you mean S.D. and we have some very good maps to work with. My studies have lead me to the 6th principle meridian and it's marker, and the understanding of what came from that point West. I wonder about their accuracy sometimes, because we are using technology that did not exist to find what they would walk to by directions alone.
A funny thing about the dead being moved. In 1982 they put a new bridge across the Missouri River and had to move a cemetery out of the way and relocate all of the bodies to a local cemetery. What was lost at that site? We may never know, but because of the move we now know that a man is buried in two graves at the same cemetery. When they went to enter him in the records, they found out he was already in there, so they buried him again...right beside himself.!!!!

L.C.

P.S. I sent you a PM let me know what you think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The tree carvings told us everything we needed to know. But with today's law it is very difficult to get permission. Everything was found written out in plain English and in Codes. I have not deciphered some of the Codes yet but I believe them to say what we already know. A two headed snake with one in plain text on the one side and the coded messages on the other side. The plain text could be a decoy but so far everything checks out. The gold bars it says was a Grant so I believe that would be the gold bars for the $15 Million dollar loan by England in late 1864. Over $3 Million was used for ship building the other is what was left.

I understand what you mean Franklin, Recovery is not as much fun or as easy as the hunt. There seems to be quite a bit of state and Federal properties involved at some sites. We have a few on private property, but most of them seem to be well thought out and placed within the boundaries of an easement so that the land can never be purchased by an individual. The graves we have located are a given, we have not even tried to get the one exhumed that we can prove is fake because of the red tape that would be involved.

L.C.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand what you mean Franklin, Recovery is not as much fun as easy as the hunt. There seems to be quite a bit of state and Federal properties involved at some sites. We have a few on private property, but most of them seem to be well thought out and placed within the boundaries of an easement so that the land can never be purchased by an individual. The graves we have located are a given, we have not even tried to get the one exhumed that we can prove is fake because of the red tape that would be involved.

L.C.

Same problem I have. We have three different soldiers buried in the same grave from three different States.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

Thanks for the reply, Franklin. I don't know how Grant was used in your message but I've seen the same word used along with the word Grand. The D was changed to a T when guiding to a place of importance. I've seen it a few other times. From what I can figure, the words are used to show two points on a line to show direction. The word with the D in it is first and the word with the T gives a straight line direction. The few times I've seen it, the lines end up at a place associated with either an important artifact or a treasure story.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks for the reply, Franklin. I don't know how Grant was used in your message but I've seen the same word used along with the word Grand. The D was changed to a T when guiding to a place of importance. I've seen it a few other times. From what I can figure, the words are used to show two points on a line to show direction. The word with the D in it is first and the word with the T gives a straight line direction. The few times I've seen it, the lines end up at a place associated with either an important artifact or a treasure story.
What I think franklin was "saying" is that a "GRANT"/LOAN" was made to the the REBEL Gov't to help finance the war against the FEDS; has NOTHING to do with Gen. U.S. Grant. The BRITS had already lost 2 wars against the US Gov't... Revolutionary & War of 1812; REBS were gonna pay it back... BUT! GONE, now!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FURTHER... MEXICAN Coins were part of the CSA Treasury, I think... from the MEXICAN War of 1846-48, (Mexican Treasury); I think that they were GOLD Coins dated @ 1848 . BRIT Sterling SILVER Coins & Mex GOLD Coins... NICE! BTW, 1846-48, CAPTAIN Robert E. Lee, US Army; CONFEDERATE WAR, 1861-1865, GENERAL Robert E. Lee, CSA/REBEL Army... INTERESTING!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think some Brit Silver Coins & Mex Gold Coins WERE found in Danville, Va., LAST Capital of CSA/REBEL Gov't. Prez Davis MAY have been "heading" to TEXAS, where he had LOTS of Davis "kin" & a "Standing" KGC/CSA Army ready to do some SERIOUS "Butt-Whupping" of Yanks...

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
FURTHER... MEXICAN Coins were part of the CSA Treasury, I think... from the MEXICAN War of 1846-48, (Mexican Treasury); I think that they were GOLD Coins dated @ 1848 . BRIT Sterling SILVER Coins & Mex GOLD Coins... NICE! BTW, 1846-48, CAPTAIN Robert E. Lee, US Army; CONFEDERATE WAR, 1861-1865, GENERAL Robert E. Lee, CSA/REBEL Army... INTERESTING!

What happened to the monies paid by the Mexicans who had to pay off this strong arm K.G.C. tactic that used the U. S. Government to collect it? It is part of the reason I believe there can be no cap on funds that were hidden.....some were already hidden when they were collected for the coffers. This is just one example that was uncovered, but I wonder how many crooked deals with other countries there were just like it? ..perhaps for OIL??? " BLACK GOLD!"

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/175/423/

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've just read through these posts and there is so much great info, thanks to all for posts it will certainly take me awhile to go through it all again an absorb everything, but I think I'm dealing with something very similar hear in S/W Missouri, the cemetery's, the triangles, the land markers, alias's on grave markers it all lends itself to what I'm sorting through so thanks guys, I don't want to hijack the thread but if any of you could look at my thread on a unusual rock carving and plug some ideas I would appreciate it, THANK YOU..

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What happened to the monies paid by the Mexicans who had to pay off this strong arm K.G.C. tactic that used the U. S. Government to collect it? It is part of the reason I believe there can be no cap on funds that were hidden.....some were already hidden when they were collected for the coffers. This is just one example that was uncovered, but I wonder how many crooked deals with other countries there were just like it? ..perhaps for OIL??? " BLACK GOLD!"

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/175/423/
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to buy OIL in TEXAS! LOTS of OIL WELL!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to buy OIL in TEXAS! LOTS of OIL WELL!

One outstanding K.G.C. Knight who upon his death made his brother the richest man in the country, still has oil wells and companies that bare his name to this day. This is his monument!
Freemasons and K.G.C. crescent moon.jpg

https://books.google.com/books?id=h...CBDHgQ6AEIJzAD#v=onepage&q=Enyart OIl&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=P...CBDHgQ6AEILDAF#v=onepage&q=Enyart OIl&f=false

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think some Brit Silver Coins & Mex Gold Coins WERE found in Danville, Va., LAST Capital of CSA/REBEL Gov't. Prez Davis MAY have been "heading" to TEXAS, where he had LOTS of Davis "kin" & a "Standing" KGC/CSA Army ready to do some SERIOUS "Butt-Whupping" of Yanks...

Rebel know you don't like PMs tried that with you before with no luck. I might have some info on this very thing.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. and Rebel in regards to oil there were three places in Texas that oil was a early enterprise. Down in the Beaumont, Texas area, Kilgore, Texas area, and on Caddo Lake area just Northeast of Marshall, Texas. There were actually two Spindletop oil wells. One at Beaumont and at Kilgore. Now the first offshore oil field was not in the Gulf of Mexico it was on Caddo Lake. Howard Hughes father developed the modern oil drilling bit was first used on the Caddo Lake oil field. Hughes was living in Shreveport, Louisiana and it was made in the garage of his house. The art of drilling off shore was first developed on Caddo.

One of the very early wells on Caddo Lake was drilled out in front of our house on the lake. The pilings (sp) can be seen out on the lake to this day. I use them as they attract catfish and fish there every spring before they start the spawn. With that amount of money that could have been used to buy leases from both Texas and Louisiana. Texas oil production didn't get started until 1899 about the same time as our old friend Teddy Roosevelt came to power. We have to remember also that one of the byproducts of oil production is salt water. This water was evaporated and the salt reused. Can any one say when it rains it pours. A perfect way to cut production cost buy a waste byproduct turn it in to a product every one needed.

Just a few things to sit and think about over a big mug of coffee.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
L.C. and Rebel in regards to oil there were three places in Texas that oil was a early enterprise. Down in the Beaumont, Texas area, Kilgore, Texas area, and on Caddo Lake area just Northeast of Marshall, Texas. There were actually two Spindletop oil wells. One at Beaumont and at Kilgore. Now the first offshore oil field was not in the Gulf of Mexico it was on Caddo Lake. Howard Hughes father developed the modern oil drilling bit was first used on the Caddo Lake oil field. Hughes was living in Shreveport, Louisiana and it was made in the garage of his house. The art of drilling off shore was first developed on Caddo.

One of the very early wells on Caddo Lake was drilled out in front of our house on the lake. The pilings (sp) can be seen out on the lake to this day. I use them as they attract catfish and fish there every spring before they start the spawn. With that amount of money that could have been used to buy leases from both Texas and Louisiana. Texas oil production didn't get started until 1899 about the same time as our old friend Teddy Roosevelt came to power. We have to remember also that one of the byproducts of oil production is salt water. This water was evaporated and the salt reused. Can any one say when it rains it pours. A perfect way to cut production cost buy a waste byproduct turn it in to a product every one needed.

Just a few things to sit and think about over a big mug of coffee.

Senior Deacon
TX, Bro... Will DO!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread