What's new

These are a few of my favorite things, by Julie Andrews

Ray S S

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Julie Andrews Turns 70, this is Brilliant

To commerate her birthday, actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance
at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP.
One of the musical numbers she performed was, 'My Favorite Things' from the legendary
movie 'Sound of Music'. Here are the lyrics she used:

(Sing it) If You Sing it, it's Especially Hysterical!!!!

Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in strings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad, I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot foods or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, when the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim, then I remember the great life I've had
And then I don't feel so bad.


Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd
that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores.
Please share Ms Andrews clever wit and humour with
others who would appreciate it.
 
Re: These are a few of my favorite things

The 'Sound of Music' is my all time favorite movie.
 
That was a real good one. I enjoyed it myself. Did you ever see the one she starred in called 'Hawaii'? That was quite
a spectacular movie. And when she makes her first appearance in the story, she is standing at the top of a flight of
stairs and was one very attractive young lady. She then married the missionary and moved to Hawaii. The story takes
place during the early 1800's.

Thanks for your reply.

Ray
 
Ray S S,

Okay so here I sat on the couch , taking the advice of a well rounded treasure hunter (Ray S S), "singing" those lyrics. You set me up for failure brother. The dog sat on the edge of the couch with head cocked ever so slightly, the cat looked at me like she was bored and my wife thought I had lost my mind. Huh, now that I think about it sounds like a typical day in the house. Nice story, Julie Andrews is a real class act.
 
I love her voice and her as an actress.

she can sure sing high and I love that in a singer. a 'good and professional' high note singer.


I love Victor/Victoria

wonderful singing in that movie! :) James Garner was nice also :icon_thumleft:
 
Ray, that song is so old and I haven't heard it in decades.... So I thought those were the true lyrics :laughing9:
 
Pretty good Ray. You can't read it without singin it. At least for those of us that remember the original song.
 
Hello Bayter, that would have probably been a funny scene. LOL. But I'm glad you liked it.
Are you a traveling man?

Hi FarmerChick Yes she had several good songs and movies out. She is a good one. The
name Victor/Victoria sounds a little familiar, but I must not have seen it. With James Garner
in it, it sounds like it might have been a western. Those are my favorites and there are not
many of the older ones that I have not seen.

Hello Spart, Yeah sure, :laughing7:

Hello RGINN, it did have a good tune to it. Fun to sing along.

Thank you all for looking and for you replies.

Ray
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom