Thin rock or artifact?

JohnDee1

Jul 28, 2018
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for responding to my earlier post, I got occupied for a while and thought not to post on a dead post. Thanks for the replies there l, but I need help. Is this just some neat quartz or is it something? Thanks! 3E5E1D13-692C-4E95-BFA9-69C510DC8B02.jpeg . 70DC4FD2-E7D6-43A9-9E53-8A2F6FFF91B1.jpeg

Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little hard to tell from the pictures, but at first glance it looks like the tip off of a point.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like it. May be point.:icon_thumright:

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you send more photos? Each side? It Will help to identify. It could be, but looks like a flake as well.

OP
OP
JohnDee1

JohnDee1

Jul 28, 2018
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys for the replies. Though I am not entirely sure of the rock’s nature, I appreciate the expertise. Thank y’all! 571B7B32-F11F-47BE-9762-7209E1A65F50.jpeg 4D827ADB-C50B-4135-AC83-DF8EE4CD80E8.jpeg

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m far from an expert. I’m leaning more towards a nice flake. Hate to ask for more photos but I bet more could help to be sure. The edges would be the best indicator. Do you see any worked edges at all? Hold it up to a light and see if you can find that typical flaking along the edges.

OP
OP
JohnDee1

JohnDee1

Jul 28, 2018
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to take more pictures, but the focus is quite bad. I tried to look for any signs of worked marks, and only saw a faint serration on the thinnest side. Perhaps there may have been light scarring on the surface, and minuscule flaking on the bottom. I agree with you it is probably a very nice natural piece of quartz, but I still might keep it. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Thanks!

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to take more pictures, but the focus is quite bad. I tried to look for any signs of worked marks, and only saw a faint serration on the thinnest side. Perhaps there may have been light scarring on the surface, and minuscule flaking on the bottom. I agree with you it is probably a very nice natural piece of quartz, but I still might keep it. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Thanks!

A flake is still technically something! It was knocked off while a Native American was manufacturing an artifact.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread