Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been kicking around the idea of using some vacation time to go detecting in the Eastern states- Eastern Pennsylvania/Maryland/Virginia/North Carolina, provided some kind soul wouldn't mind sharing a few permissions. I would likely have 3-4 days for detecting. Would like to find somewhere with decent lodging & restaurants within reasonable distance to areas to detect. (20-30 miles?)
Anyone have any input, or am I just dreaming?

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been kicking around the idea of using some vacation time to go detecting in the Eastern states- Eastern Pennsylvania/Maryland/Virginia/North Carolina, provided some kind soul wouldn't mind sharing a few permissions. I would likely have 3-4 days for detecting. Would like to find somewhere with decent lodging & restaurants within reasonable distance to areas to detect. (20-30 miles?)
Anyone have any input, or am I just dreaming?

No ideas for you that way but if you ever come to Europe, just let me know what part your in, chances are I will have some good stuff in that area or we can just go to other areas.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Beaches are always good. Can't really go wrong with any of them. Good food, good prices now that its off season and no need for permission to detect and always a chance of finding something good.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been detecting for almost (3) years. As soon as I got on TNet, and saw all the killer stuff pouring out of the Northern ground, I wanted to go there and hunt.

I actively participated in TNet, posting finds, commenting, etc. I got to know some of the guys that were finding good stuff, and was able to get them to agree to host me and my buddy for a hunt or two. We set off on an 700 mile (one way) trip to Philly! All in all, it worked out really well. We got to hunt some nice places and met some of the nicest people that you could ever want to meet.

I believe that the key was participation. People got to know me, they see my enthusiasm and interest in history and feel comfortable enough to take me hunting.

Since that initial hunt, I have been back several times, and expanded on my network of friends. truthfully, some of the best people that I have ever met.

I also know people that go to the North, and blindly door knock, and have had success. If you are a "people person", just door knock, and talk your way onto the property, just like you do at home.

If you want to come to Charlotte, I will take you hunting, however, I don't find anything good around here, that's why I go north!

Best of luck to you sir. PM me if I can be of assistance.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone want to find my Europe dig trip? Only cost about $4,000. I'll give what ever finds to the highest donor, lol.

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in eastern Pa
there is a lot of spot to hunt and also resorts to stay at
getting cold now so dress warm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread