What's new

Thinking about a Fisher F5.....

papajos

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Getting back into detecting and would like to upgrade. Thinking about the F5, looks fairly user friendly and in my price range. Any feedback, pos or neg would be helpful....thanks. (will be hunting old homesites, camp areas and some beaches)
 
I had an F5. Used it for about a year and tried a Garrett 1350 and I have to say I like the Garrett better. But the F5 is a good one too. Look around a little.
 
I had an F5. Used it for about a year and tried a Garrett 1350 and I have to say I like the Garrett better. But the F5 is a good one too. Look around a little.

Could you be a little more specific as to the benefits of the Garrett? thanks. And what limitations did you find with the F5?
 
The F5 is a great coinshooter. Lots of information on the screen, one of the largest display numbers makes it east to read. You can fine tune the sensitivity, threshold, etc. My brother has been using one as his main detector and finds lots of silver with it. He has been detecting for 40+ years and has a brother who is a detector dealer, and that's his model of choice. ;-)

Wayne

www.MetalDetectingStuff.com
 
Fun coinshooter with a user friendly interface, great tone setup.. Depth seems to max out around 8 inches. EMI can be an issue, but most time you can reduce the threshold and or sens and it will run smooth.
 
Glad to hear you gettin back to swingin. The F5 is a great machine imho, easy to use and very light. People talk about the EMI issues but it's very sensitive and you can tweak it to your likin. Sure there are better machines out there but for the price and all you can adjust with it I don't think you would be disapointed. Depending on your location the depth is pretty good also. I hunt old homesteds also and found large cents at 12". Good luck with whatever you choose.. HH
 
Metal Detecting Stuff said:
The F5 is a great coinshooter. Lots of information on the screen, one of the largest display numbers makes it east to read. You can fine tune the sensitivity, threshold, etc. My brother has been using one as his main detector and finds lots of silver with it. He has been detecting for 40+ years and has a brother who is a detector dealer, and that's his model of choice. ;-)

Wayne

www.MetalDetectingStuff.com

Just confused a little Don't that make your brothers brother your brother ? F5 my vote
 
bukit said:
i was wonderin the same thing:dontknow:

That sounds more like me myself and I
 
Thanks for the replys, been out ice-fishing and just had a chance to read them. Sounds like most like this machine and that's good to hear. Can't justify laying out 1K for a detector right now so 499.00 (everywhere I looked) will get me a decent outfit (the F5).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom