What's new

This Car Made Especially For "GREG ODONNELL" Tag

tokens70

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
445
Reaction score
92
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, Explorer 2
This Car Made Especially For "GREG O'DONNELL" Tag

Hello, have no idea what this tag would be for, (THIS CAR MADE ESPECIALLY FOR GREG O'DONNELL) its brass & about a 16th of an inch thick, any ideas would be appreiciated :hello:
 

Attachments

  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    149.6 KB · Views: 379
  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    87.3 KB · Views: 356
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    152.6 KB · Views: 343
Re: This Car Made Especially For "GREG O'DONNELL" Tag

I know in the fifties it was more common to order your new car from the factory through the dealer than it was to take one off the lot.I did this for a new Ford Sunliner where I wanted a certain color and the T-Bird engine.It did not cost extra.And some of the dealers and/or factory would stick those name tags on the dash.I don't know just when it started or ended.
 
Upvote 0
Re: This Car Made Especially For "GREG O'DONNELL" Tag

Now that is a great find -- first one of those I have seen and I agree with the prior post. Super find :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Re: This Car Made Especially For "GREG O'DONNELL" Tag

My brother had a '63 Buick with a name tag on the dash. Of course it wasn't his,, he bought it in '71 ;D ;D. Tony
 
Upvote 0
Re: This Car Made Especially For "GREG O'DONNELL" Tag

I wonder if it could have gone to a model car or small replica. Just wondering since its so small that maybe it was for something smaller like a model or something. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: This Car Made Especially For "GREG O'DONNELL" Tag

Here are a couple examples of ads in the back of magazines where you could buy them...

1959
1980
 
Upvote 0
Re: This Car Made Especially For "GREG O'DONNELL" Tag

I believe it is solved!!! :laughing7: Thanks for all the help & comments :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Re: This Car Made Especially For "GREG O'DONNELL" Tag

I use to play golf with a Cadellac dealer who had that exact plate on the dashboard of his Caddy and the same on his golf cart.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom