What's new

This fell on my friends head today while remodeling...

JeremiahEdward

Full Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
104
Reaction score
181
Golden Thread
0
Location
Williamsport, Pa
Detector(s) used
Nokta Velox One, Makro Racer(Red), Garret AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend of mine has a mid to late 1800's home that he bought and is remodeling. He poked a hole in the ceiling and this fell out and landed right on his head. I'm super jealous.

imagejpeg_0.webpimagejpeg_0_2.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 72
wow, super good shape too, very cool
 
I would be knocking holes all thru that ceiling looking for more. Everybody knows that coins like to hang out in groups:laughing7:
 
Makes you wonder what else could be hiding up there. Nice find.
 
I don't think people would be hoarding 2 cent pieces back then, silver and gold yes...most likely a workman dropped it back in the good ole days
 
Wow that's really cool, could only imagine how that got there!
 
congrats to your friend on a nice 2 center
 
Reminds me of an old song by Billie Holiday called "Pennies from Heaven"! Going break out the AT Pro and scan my ceilings tonight :laughing7:
 
Ask him to search the lawn. That's really cool
 
glad he wasn't looking up with mouth open___________REAL NICE 2C
 
How cool is that I read a story of a guy who found a honus wagner card in the ceiling in his kitchen another person doing drywall work and found a bunch of super rare old movie posters that were on a wall that had been covered up. That's funny a lucky sweet post!!!!!!
 
If it's a 2 story house I'm betting it was dropped and fell between the floor boards not long after it was minted. Very cool find. I was often tempted to see what might be under the floor of my old house. It was built in 1790
 
"He couldn't find treasure if it hit him on the head!" ...oh wait it did... .and he did.
 
They don't come any nicer or easier than that. Congrats to your friend.
 
"Uh sir, I'm sorry but we had to rip down the whole ceiling due to infestation of silver beetles"
 
Great first year of issue two cent coin ,and did someone hide it in that ceiling at the end of the Civil war?
 
That's cool!! Congratulations !
 
He should buy a lottery ticket - that's pretty awesome!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom