What's new

This Morning's Ghost Town Search

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,930
Reaction score
47,705
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a spot where I've found lots of targets, but no coins. And as of now, still no coins. :dontknow:
Found some interesting items though:

IMG_2128.webp


That's the largest harmonica reed I've ever found, 20 reeds!
The circular reed plate must be from a pitch-pipe like instrument.
The rectangular sash buckle is missing its loop but still has the tang.

This piece is a printing thingy:
IMG_2127.webp


Here it is with the image mirrored:
IMG_2127 2.webp


The tubular item on the lower left is heavily gold plated.
The item under the safety pin looks to be a picture that has faded away. I didn't want to clean it and ruin the paper so I left it as is.
IMG_2132.webp

IMG_2131.webp
IMG_2130.webp



I've seen a lot of things with patent dates, and patent pending, but I've never seen a piece that proclaims "Patent Ends"! :dontknow:
IMG_2129.webp


Pretty little button:
IMG_2133.webp
IMG_2134.webp


I wonder how long this pick has been laying here.
IMG_2126.webp


Well, there's got to be a coin there somewhere, and I aim to locate it!
(Next time) :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 14
Went to a spot where I've found lots of targets, but no coins. And as of now, still no coins. :dontknow:
Found some interesting items though:

View attachment 2263346

That's the largest harmonica reed I've ever found, 20 reeds!
The circular reed plate must be from a pitch-pipe like instrument.
The rectangular sash buckle is missing its loop but still has the tang.

This piece is a printing thingy:
View attachment 2263350

Here it is with the image mirrored:
View attachment 2263351

The tubular item on the lower left is heavily gold plated.
The item under the safety pin looks to be a picture that has faded away. I didn't want to clean it and ruin the paper so I left it as is.
View attachment 2263352
View attachment 2263353View attachment 2263354


I've seen a lot of things with patent dates, and patent pending, but I've never seen a piece that proclaims "Patent Ends"! :dontknow:
View attachment 2263355

Pretty little button:
View attachment 2263357View attachment 2263358

I wonder how long this pick has been laying here.
View attachment 2263356

Well, there's got to be a coin there somewhere, and I aim to locate it!
(Next time) :icon_thumright:
You had a great day, my friend. Good job on those amazing finds. You'll turn up those elusive coins soon—you'll see.
 
Great looking finds - you guy's really dig some cool old stuff out in the Desert ! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom