Dougie Webb
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jun 14, 2019
- Messages
- 424
- Reaction score
- 805
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Found this small chunk of iron on old farmland near my house in Georgia. Land has probably been farmed since the mid 1700's. Wasn't sure what this was, other than iron, so I threw it in the tumbler and a couple of hours later, it split open, revealing what looks to be a primitive nail.
Question is - how long does something have to be underground to grow this much "rock" around it?
Anyone have a guess?

Question is - how long does something have to be underground to grow this much "rock" around it?
Anyone have a guess?


Hope your tire doesn't find it for you...
I know something like this is probably trash to some, but man I think it's super cool to find something this old.




: For the win! It was just too easy...






