This one a bit worrisome

Bates

Jul 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ends are brass ceramic tube string coming from top approx 3 and 1/2 by 1/2 in 0107191337_Film4.jpg

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
UXO is not your friend, and even when MDing if you are not a trained tech then you leave it there.

Last thing you need to worry about for a 200 gram stick is your entire street being cleared; you have already destabilized the suspected UXO and who ever responds and reports back will be asked this, and his or her response will be the caller moved it, appears to have cleaned it and handled it in lord knows how many other ways. Then a tech will be deployed, it will be picked up, they will investigated the area it was recovered in and likely tell you if you find another, then just leave it and call 911.

Or worse case, something odd goes wrong at your house, could be anything from someone needing medical assistance or police respond to a call either at your place or to a place near you, anything can happen but someone sees this in would is called Line of Sight; well now your screwed. Then when charges are brought against you they will be federal, in this day and age all your social media accounts will be checked, they will even see that you came here posted picks, asked for advice where in turn got solid advice, and suddenly this thread becomes one of your primary witnesses against you. Like others you may attempt to fight it, likely have to sell your house too pay legal fees unless the feds want to freeze the property until it can be cleared and that can take a few years when it is all said and done.

But seriously, its only 2 years max for that, but you likely have at least one person on your street that is verse in FOIA and wants to know full details. Worse case really that might cost them about 18 bucks to get them details, in which they will post all over the net.

Could be worse though, in regards to someone else getting their hands on it like a child or simple minded fool that thinks it a fire cracker and they injure them self, others, cause private or public property damage. Man then those charges really add up.

In regards to what people make this stuff out of; could be made of anything, could have been for a test hit, some crazy wanted to make something to get in a court house. The sky is the limited on improvised explosives; the one that retired me out of the Army was made inside of what appeared to be cement waste.

ever heard of a Potassium fuse, used in very low tech home made casings and dipped in wax. Totally not stable.

Best of luck to you, many users here have provided you with some really sound advice, sure hope it does not come back to bite you.

This.

Upvote 0

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lunch Bag, as entertaining as OddJob's signature quote is, it ain't nothing compared to the entire thread in which it is contained.

Gotta be a Charter Member to view it though. There are other benifits and prizes besides access to the Politics Section. Inexpensive in my opinion, just $20. Instructions for joining Charter Membership is found in the FAQ section.

Hope to see you there!

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Lunch Bag, as entertaining as OddJob's signature quote is, it ain't nothing compared to the entire thread in which it is contained.

Gotta be a Charter Member to view it though. There are other benifits and prizes besides access to the Politics Section. Inexpensive in my opinion, just $20. Instructions for joining Charter Membership is found in the FAQ section.

Hope to see you there!

speaking, is GIB still around. used to crack me up.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bates

Bates

Jul 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back about a hundred years ago, when I was a kid, we would fill Co2 capsules with paper match heads, then tape the Co2 capsule to a straightened piece of coat hanger wire and ad a fuse. They made great bottle rockets but sometimes exploded instead when lit. I had a friend have one explode and sent shrapnel through his kneecap. Better safe than sorry. Call the cops!

Hi since you are at least 100 years old I picked you out of all the responders to my thread to address this question to I found another object very similar to this blowing up objects it was a Lydon lynamite spark plug (1920s) do you think blowing up object could have been some form of spark plug

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havent you lit it yet that size no matter whats in it cant do much unless theres ball bearings it it put it in a pit or hole a fire it off EOD or put it in water and its done.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bates

Bates

Jul 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not make it I'm not very good with throwing might land back on me. I put it about 8 acres from the house at the base of a huge pine tree and there it will wait for the zombie apocolypse

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread