What's new

This stuff just doesnt happen to me...

wallyblackburn

Jr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

Did a little bank-hopping at lunch. One bank had 5 rolls, so I bought 'em. Looking them over on way out and I see writing on one roll...no way! OK, OK - probably just where some CRHer re-used a wrapper...don't get your hopes up.

Look in one end - an eagle! Woo-hoo! Other end...another eagle! Open the roll as soon as I get in the van...Walkers, Bens, oh my!

There were 7 Walkers, 8 Bens, and one 40% Kennedy. So, it was 4 coins short. Hmmm, think I should go and ask for my money back? Yeah, right.

Other 4 rolls were skunks...

HH,
Wally
 

Attachments

  • roll_writing.webp
    roll_writing.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 379
  • walker_end.webp
    walker_end.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 378
  • coins.webp
    coins.webp
    69.6 KB · Views: 367
Upvote 0
Re: This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

Congratulations! That's a pretty good payoff for just 5 rolls.
 
Re: This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

I don't know, I think I 'd go back for the missing four halves. 8)

great find !
 
Re: This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

nice find
 
Re: This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

uhhh....that's pretty awesome. :o
 
Re: This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

There is no better feeling than to open a roll, see silver, dump it in you hand and see all or mostly silver. Congrats.
 
Re: This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

Nice one. I really like finding those Ladies. What a rush. Especially rolls with writing on them. Gets the blood pumping.

HH.
 
Re: This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

Nice find. Hope to get one of them rolls myself on tomarrows road trip. Congrats. HH Mark
 
Re: This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

wallyblackburn said:
Looking them over on way out and I see writing on one roll...no way! OK, OK - probably just where some CRHer re-used a wrapper...don't get your hopes up.

Look in one end - an eagle! Woo-hoo! Other end...another eagle! Open the roll as soon as I get in the van...Walkers, Bens, oh my!
That reminded me of a roll I got when I first started. Same scenario. Marked silver and a $20 roll to boot. Eagle on one end, Ben on the other. Needless to say I was hooked.....and still looking for that next "dream roll".........
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_004.webp
    ScreenHunter_004.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 232
  • ScreenHunter_007.webp
    ScreenHunter_007.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 240
Re: This stuff just doesn't happen to me...

That's the thrill of the hunt! Nice find
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom