Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool place. Great pictographs and old coal mining town. Had a tourist pull up by us as I guess he thought I ran the place and announce he had driven a 1,000 miles and was disappointed. Why is that, I asked? Well, on Ancient Aliens (TV Program) you see them and they seem much bigger. I told him yeah they had featured some of these pictographs on there, but they weren't presented as football field size, and I was impressed everytime I saw them, and didn't connect them with aliens. My son allowed as he did not know who was the bigger fool, him for not being impressed or me for admitting I watched 'Ancient Aliens'. (It is interesting sometimes.)

Attachments

• 9-9d.jpg
    9-9d.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 9-9b.jpg
    9-9b.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 35
  • 9-9f.jpg
    9-9f.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 9-9i.jpg
    9-9i.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 9-9h.jpg
    9-9h.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if anybody has any input, I believe the structure in the last pic was used as a powder magazine. It's stuck way off from any other habitation. See the re-enforcement on the sides. They laid railroad rails across the top, laid steel plate on top of that, then covered that with a couple of feet of dirt. Only guess I have about it.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet your right as that being a powder mag. I watch ancient aliens. I like all the historical areas they go to. Only thing I don't get is why with all the aliens had in the way of technology did they instruct all the ancients to use surface building materials and not show them how to mine and refine high tech minerals to construct superior devices and all, though i will admit some of what the ancients did with stone does blow my mind.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on a very cool place to go check out some history and yes I would say powder mag.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats so cool I love looking at pics like these Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread